Chapter 9

Once the kiss was over, both of our heads leaned back. It was like it was on cue. My eyes opened to see that her eyes were still shut and her expression seemed, I don't know stunned, but if anything I should be the stunned one, she's the one who kissed me, remember?
Alison opened her eyes steadily and inhaled a long deep breath and looked at me. Her eyes were blank with no emotion seeping through. What was happening? Before I could register my thoughts Alison stood up and started walking towards her things. No emotion. No words. No nothing. She just placed certain items onto her duffel bag. She folded her blanket and placed it among the other various objects. She zipped up the pink and black colored bag and placed it on her shoulder, rising to her feet.
"I probably should go, my mom wants me back." she says looking towards the ground twiddling her thumbs.
"O-okay, I guess, are you okay?" I ask staring blankly. She was acting strange and I couldn't let her just walk out thinking something and not saying it. What did I do? I mean I kissed her back. I really kissed her. What is happening?
"Um. Yeah no, everything's great Em." she said looking at me with a smile that I could tell was totally fake. Horribly fake. I didn't want to push her though, it seems as though she's already mad so why cause more anger.
"Okay, bye." I say with disappointment filling every inch of my body. She inched toward the door and opened it with her gentle fingers. She walked halfway through the door and looked back. She opened her mouth to say something, my eyes twinkled with excitement, engaged with hers and I was there waiting hoping she would give me an explanation. Her lips formed and I could see she was trying to say something. But as I heard the word escape her lips the disappointment arose and crushed me more than before,instead of an explanation all I hear is the faint sound "Bye Emily."