Jasper Part 3

======= 

Alice was always kind, every time I saw her she would smile and dance around, like a pixie. I guess I was jealous of her carefree nature. 

My eyes studied the floor of the cafeteria as I quietly ate, today just felt like one of those days to be alone, it was cold and wet outside, a distant thunder pricked my attention and my eyes wandered to the windows, the rain wasn't letting up, the door to outside had water coming in, where some students rushed in to get out of the rain. 

"Hello," a cheery voice sang. 

I quickly turned to find Alice standing next to me, a bright smile on her face,

"I didn't mean to startle you" she giggled.

"It's, uh fine" I fumbled with my words and tried to sound composed. 

She kept her eyes on me for a while without saying anything, was I meant to say something?

"Alice? right?" I cleared my throat and she seemed to come back to reality, "yes" her eyes opened wide in an excited manner.

"I'm having a party tonight and It's going to be so much fun, It'll be at mine, I'll text you the address, oh I just know you'll love it" she tapped my shoulder and started walking away. 

"Alice, I, I'm not really the party type-" but she had already skipped away back to her table, I sighed and bit the inside of my lip, not knowing whether it would be okay if I stay home. 

Raising my eyes, I met with Jaspers, who was watching me from across the cafeteria, at this point my heart spiked and I wanted to hide, but I suddenly felt a sense of calm, as I locked eyes with Jasper, I felt comfortable.

well, until the bell went.  

_________________________

I stood at the end of my bed, exhaling as I looked at the pile of clothes in front of me, what was I to wear? 

I rubbed my temples and looked at the clothes once more, the sheer idea of attending a party sent my mind into a stressed state. 

I didn't know anyone here, the Cullen family was very intimidating. I felt like they were on a higher level than me. What if Alice thought I was someone else when she invited me? maybe It's all a prank on the new student, and that just happens to be me. Am I overthinking it? 

What would happen if I get there and It's only me?

A small whimper escaped my lips and I fell on top of the clothes. 

"That's it... I'm not going" my voice was muffled from the clothes, I turned over and looked over at the fairly lights my mother had hung up on my wall, they reminded me of Alice. 

*Beep* 

I lifted my head to see my phone on my desk, lighting up the room. Walking over to it, I knew who it was, although I was hoping it wasn't her. 

"Knock knock, sweetheart" I looked towards my door after reading the address Alice had just sent me. 

"Still want me to drop you off?" 

I nodded, "you're my only way of getting there, mom"

she smiled and looked at the stack of clothes.

"Growing up so fast, going to parties already, I bet you have lots of friends" She invited herself in and sat on the bed. 

"No, not really actually, I don't really know anyone except..." I sighed and closed my phone, "it doesn't matter".