Stuck In Between Two Best Friends *Ch. Four*

Chapter Four

“Honey, we decided to leave you guys here alone with no supervisors, while we are going to be off for vacation,” my mom said sipping her glass of water. “What?” I asked looking at her blankly. Alone? With Jayden and Matthew? Not that I mind being alone with Matthew but ever since Jayden was acting weird the other night, I don’t want to be with him alone.

“Mom, do you know what you’re doing?” I asked narrowing my eyes at her. “Yes? I left you alone with your friends for winter vacation and it worked out fine. I know you wouldn’t do anything that’s far over the line,” she said and looked at me curiously. I couldn’t make my mom stay home when she has a great opportunity to catch up on things with Tina. She also looks so happy that she’s going on vacation with all adults.

“It’s nothing. No need to worry about it. So where are you guys going off to?” I asked, putting aside my personal problems. “We’re going on a cruise ship! Isn’t that exciting? I’ve been dreaming of going on a cruise ship. We’ll be leaving from California and going to Cuba!” She smiled widely. “How long is this cruise ship?” I asked worriedly. “Um I’m not quite sure. Sara and Tina made the plans and just sent a text a few minutes ago about where we’re going. All I know is that I’m leaving in two days.”

“I see. What time are you leaving?” I asked. “In the morning at nine,” she smiled. “Okay. Bring souvenirs!” I said and got up from the table. “I will!” She continued eating her breakfast. I put my dish in the sink and ran upstairs to my bedroom to get ready to hang out with Camille.

---

“You were right,” I sighed, looking at Camille. We were downtown walking around the plaza. “I know, right? Uh, what was I right about?” She asked looking at me strangely. “About Jayden! He’s not the same.”

“Of course he isn’t. Do you honestly think that someone will stay the same for three to four years?” She asked. “You never know. He seems totally different. And he was acting strange after the dinner. By the way, did you leave Kyle with me to see if anything goes wrong?” I asked.

“Of course I did. I didn’t trust Jayden at all and I still don’t. And besides, I didn’t want Kyle with me with his attitude.”

“You’re right. Lately he’s been moping around. All he does is complain and moan. If he wants a chick so badly, why doesn’t he try?” I said. “That’s Kyle for you. He thinks he’s a hot stud, but in the end, he can’t get a single girl.” Camille laughed. “How are things between you and George?” I asked smirking, catching her off guard.

“Um, great. Things are going well! Why do you ask?” She asked. “Why can’t I ask?”

“Uh, true. We’re going at a slow pace but that’s just how we both like it. I’m not like completely in love with him. I love him but not like I want things to be serious, I mean.” I nodded my head. “Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes between Matthew and I, things go too fast and I just want a slow pace,” I said.

“Matthew’s good for you. You became calmer ever since you dated him,” Camille smiled. “Calmer?” I asked confused. “Yeah, you’re not as wild anymore. What I mean is, you don’t act as stubborn and like your crazy self, which is a good thing of course!” She said quickly. “I guess you’re right.  We continued to walk around and went to browse the stores.

“I could help you!” Camille said out of the blue while we were looking at shoe sizes in Journeys. “Help me with what? My shoe sizes?” I asked. “Are you an idiot? I’m talking about Jayden,” she rolled her eyes. “Heh, I knew that!” I laughed. “Sure,” she mumbled.

“Anytime you’re alone with Jayden and Matthew isn’t with you for a reason, I’ll just go with you and get in the way! And if George and I are on a date, I could send Kyle since he has nothing better to do!” She grinned widely, acting as if she has the perfect plan.

“Are you sure that’s going to work?” I asked putting my hands on my hip. “Of course! I thought of it, right? My plans always work!” She laughed evilly. I stared at her. She always gets out of hand. “Operation Get Jay Away,” she said. “Jay?” I asked. “It rhymes with away. And it makes the name shorter.”

“By three letters. Is that really a big difference?” I asked. “Um yeah! It’s important to make you scheme name be short and kind of rhyming together.”

“So what does get rhyme with?” I asked. “Sapphire, don’t be a smart ass with me!”

“Sorry,” I chuckled. “The plan will begin right when the ‘rents leave.”

“I hope this will work. George must be very proud of his wifey, always thinking of evil plans,” I said. “Of course he is! Besides, who are talking about? You were the evil one!” She pointed. Some people stared over at us, wondering what the commotion was about. The store was pretty small. “Camille, you attract too much attention!” I whispered, not like it helped anyways. “You’re damn right!” She shouted. Her face suddenly flushes when she realizes that many people were staring at her. “I thought you said something else,” she laughed nervously.

“Uh huh. We should probably get out of here unless you want people to keep looking at us like we’re some zoo animals,” I said. “You’re damn right! Let’s get out! We’re not the freaks! All of you are. All of you!” She pointed at them.

“Camille you alright?” I asked. “You know I start acting weird when I get really nervous! And I just say things I shouldn’t say in public out loud!”

I started laughing uncontrollably. “Stop! It wasn’t that funny!”

“No, it’s just that you’re face is red and you kind of took the shoes with you,” I said blankly. “Whoa, you’re attitude changed.” I waited for her to start hyperventilating about the shoes. How could she not hear the store alarm and the manager screaming at us?

The manger said it was a good thing we didn’t leave or he would of called security. We returned the shoes and went back to my house talking about random things that had happened recently. I hope Camille’s plan works.

---

Sorry for not posting for a long time! I'm sure you were all anxious. This chapter is not so great but I hope you're all happy!

Please comment and rate! :D

- Sam (SamxAxSaurus)