stucky AU; fake marriage

title: with all my skin and bone
author: unicornpoe
find it on?: archive of our own
ships?: steve/bucky , sam/riley & natasha/clint (the ones beside steve and bucky aren't that major)
kinks, tag warnings, etc.?: n/a
one shot or book?: book ; 16 chapters
completed?: yes

summary :

Agents Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes don't get along. With Steve's reckless attitude and Bucky's cautious, no-nonsense way of doing things, they clash from the beginning, and make enemies of each other before they can even think of being friends. But when both men are assigned to a job that will take them to the suburbs in investigation of CEO Alexander Pierce—where they're supposed to live together, to be married to each other, to be in love with each other—old feelings rise up, and new ones emerge.

What happens when the person you hate most in the world has to be the person you love? What happens when the line between lies and truth gets blurred?

Pining, that's what. And some kissing, too.

***

Steve and Bucky fall together, and fall in love.

my opinion:

Steve and Bucky do be lovestruck idiots tho ,,,

like , WTF , it took being in a fake marriage to realize ur hatred for one another is actually love ?? come on??

when the realization happens , it's all uphill from there . the FLUFF is amazing and then the hurt/comfort comes when the plot tenses , UGH .

love how ppl around then knew before they did. that's how obvious it is.

AND WHEN SHIELD FINDS OUT SKDNDNDJ best reaction ever.

and the subtle references to canon made me laugh my butt oooff.

10/10 would wipe my memory and re read this , period