Stars (fluff)

My entire life I've spent all valentines days alone and I don't mind but sometimes it would be nice to have someone to spend it with.

This year I decided I wasn't going to spend it alone, but with my single friends. Surprisingly I only had one and it was Eric, we've been friends since middle school and we complement each other really well, two clows that like to clown each other that's how we describe ourselves.

For the afternoon we decided to stay in and watch some movies, and that's exactly what happened but for dinner time we actually went out.

Eric: Who would've guessed we would spend valentines day together?

Y/n: If you really think about it it's kinda meant to be ahaha we're the only single ones in our group of friends ahaha.

Eric: Just say you like me already ahaha.

Y/n: You can be so full of yourself sometimes you know that ahaha.

Eric: And still we're here uh ahaha.

I just rolled my eyes honestly, his bickering always gets to me but I never go down without a fight. After finishing our tasty Mc Donald's burguers we went for a walk next to the river, it was cold since it was night time and me being me I didn't bring a warm enough jacket.

Eric: Here have mine.

Y/n: I'm good don't worry.

Me trying to reassure him I was okay he didn't buy it so he put his jacket on top of my shoulders, looking softly and directly into my eyes.

Y/n: What's that look?

Eric: Nothing... I'm just being a nice friend.

Y/n: Just say you like me already ahahha.

I started running as soon as I finished that sentence and he came running after me, a little bit of tag game later and I called it quits and just layed on the grass breathing heavily from all the unnecessary cardio. He layed besides me.
Silently we started watching the stars and how beautiful they were.

Eric: Every time I look at the stars it reminds me of you.

Y/n: Why?

Eric: Well first of all you really like them and second of all because you always have that shine to you, no matter where you are or who you're with you stand out like the stars in the dark sky.

I got up half way standing on my elbow looking at him and he did the same.

Eric: I know I bicker with you a lot and its because I like you it's my way of showing I care and every time you go out with someone I think to myself "what if she stays with him". I want you to be happy but it's hard to picture you happy without me, it sounds selfish and I acknowledge it but I just had to be honest.

I was at a loss of words and didn't know what to do but he did so he kissed me and he tasted sweet like vanilla the same taste of the chapstick I gave him for his birthday as a joke. I smiled into the kiss.

Y/n: You kept it.

Eric: You gave it to me how could I not keep it.

We just hugged while laying down in the grass till 2am talking about how stupid we were not confessing our feelings for each other sooner and what we like about us the most.