Chapter 2

^ that's Sam
Stoick is still alive
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's P.O.V

There was a knock at the front door.

"I've got it, Mom!!!" I called and ran to the front door.

I opened the door and saw Gobber and a boy with blonde curly hair.

"Hi Gobber" I shyly smile.

"Ah, Astrid I was actually looking for you" Gobber says.

"Oh really? What for?" I ask.

"Well, this is Sam" he gestures to the boy in front of him "He's my nephew from Mullingar. His parents were recently killed and he was sent here to be taken care of by me. He needs to be taught to ride dragons if he is going to live here. Could to help teach him please?" Gobber asks.

"Um, sure but, why didn't you ask Hiccup? He's better than me." I ask.

"Hiccup is always out riding Toothless and goofing off. You're here all the time" he answers.

I don't necessarily think that he is goofing off. He's helping to find dragons, which is a big help.

"Okay..." I say, shyly.

"I have to get back to the shop..." Gobber trails off.

"Oh, um, Sam you can come in. I just have to get a few things before we start" I open the door wider so Sam can walk in.

"Thank you, Astrid" Gobber walks away.

Sam reluctantly walks in and takes a seat on one of the benches, that are here and there.

"So, I'm not sure Gobber said your age, may I ask how old you are?" I ask, wanting to start a conversation.

"15" Sam quickly answers.

"Uhhh, do you have a favorite type of dragon?" I ask, grabbing a chicken leg for Stormfly.

"Night Furies and Deadly Nadders" he answers, quietly.

He has a really thick Irish accent.

"Well then, you're in luck. I ride a Nadder" I walk up to him "Ready?"

He quickly nods and gets up from the bench.

He holds the door open for me.

"Thank you" I step out.

"S'no problem" he closes the door.

I get Stormfly from the stables, give her the chicken leg, and lead her out to Sam.

"Sam this is Stormfly" I pet her nose.

Sam nods.

"Okay, first you need to establish trust. Hold your hand out and look away." I instructed.

Sam did as he was told.

Stormfly hesitantly walked towards Sam's hand. She sniffed his hand and after about a minute, touched her nose to his hand.

"Good, now she trusts you. Next, I'm going to teach you how to put the saddle on" I grab Stormfly's saddle from the ground.

We walk closer to Stormfly and she purrs towards me.

"Hey girl" I kiss her nose.

"Okay, it's pretty simple. Just put the saddle on her back and pull the girth under her stomach and attach it to the other side of the saddle." I hand Sam the saddle.

He nods and begins to put it on, finishing in 3 minutes.

"Good job. Now, the hard part, learning to fly" I pat the saddle.

Hiccup's P.O.V

I look out my window at Astrid riding Stormfly. She's riding with some boy.

Is it bad that this makes me a little upset?

I don't even know why I'm getting so worked up about this.

For the past twenty minutes I've been staring out my window, watching them.

I've turned into some kind of stalker.

I sigh.

"Hiccup, what's the matter?" my mom puts her hand on my shoulder.

I didn't even hear her come in here.

"I honestly don't know" I sigh, rubbing my temples.

"What do ya mean, son?" she asks.

"I've been looking out this window for at least twenty minutes, watching Astrid Hofferson with some boy. I'm getting upset about it and I have no idea why" I put my face in my hands.

"Hiccup, it's quite obvious why" my mom says, matter-of-factly.

"Oh really? What's that?" I lift my face from my hands to look at her.

She laughs for a second.

"Why is it so funny?" I ask, confused.

"Because it's so obvious, Hiccup" she laughs.

"Well, if it's so obvious then why don't I know why" I cross my arms.

She laughs before saying,

"Hiccup, you like Astrid"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hai

Kind of a short chapter. Sorry.

Anywayz, I find Sam adorable!!! He's a shy boy.

Don't worry he's not going to interfere with our Hiccstrid

Hiccup's jealous o_o

ADORBS

-Kylie😜
xoxo