Chapter 5

Astrid's P.O.V

As I showed Maxon around Berk, I was rather happy.

I brought him to Gobber's shop.

"Hi Gobber" I wave.

"Good to see you, Astrid." Gobber greets.

"This is Prince Maxon Schreave. He'll be staying here for a while." I introduce.

"Good to meet ya" Gobber says, cheerfully.

I see Hiccup over Gobber's shoulder, in the back of the workshop. He has the sketches of Stormfly's saddle in front of him.

"Will you please excuse me for a second?" I walk to the back of the shop.

"Hey Hiccup" I greet.

He looks up from the table "Oh, hey Astrid"

His eyes are shining as they look at me. I love that look. I've only seen it when they're looking at me.

Suddenly, I feel guilty about the earlier events with Maxon.

Maxon seems like a good guy but, I grew up with Hiccup. I've had a crush on Hiccup for over two years.

Studies show that, on average, crushes only last four months and that if it lasts longer you are in love. So, does that mean...?

(^true studies)

Ugh, I don't know.

Boy problems suck.

(^Ain't that the truth?)

"Astrid, are you okay? You seem confused" Hiccup asks.

"How could you tell?" I ask, my cheeks heating.

"You're eyebrows were furrowed together and you were looking at the floor. Just a good guess?" he shrugs.

Frick, I always do that when I'm confused.

"I'm completely fine" I plaster a smile on my face.

"Are you sure?" Hiccup asks, concern in his breathtaking green orbs.

I nod.

He gives his famous half smile, causing my heart to leap.

"I'm working on Stormfly's saddle. C'mere" he waves me over.

I gladly walk to his side, our shoulders touching.

He's cutting the leather in just the shape I wanted it.

He looks up from the sketches and his eyes catch mine, hypnotizing me.

He slowly leans in and his lips touch mine in a soft kiss.

My heart is beating so hard I'm afraid he could hear it. I've wanted this for so long and now I have it.

But, there's another boy outside...

Who cares?!

I kiss him back and he smiles into it. Hiccup's hand comes up to cup my cheek. His head shifts, trying to deepen the kiss.

We hear footsteps.

"Astrid? W-What are you doing?" I hear Maxon's voice.

We quickly break away and I turn around, facing Maxon.

"Look, I-" I'm cut off.

"No" Maxon's voice is harsh "I thought you had the decency of a normal girl but, no. I find you back here, kissing another guy. I thought the kiss we had previously meant something. Apparently, it didn't to you."

"Maxon-" he cuts me off. Again.

"Astrid, for years I've wanted to find someone. Someone who could not only be my wife but, my ally, my companion, my best friend. I thought it was you" Maxon's eyes are full of sadness.

"But, Maxon, I-" he interrupts me.

Okay, I'm done.

"I thoug-" I cut him off.

"Shut the hell up and let me talk for Odin's sake" I growl.

He stays silent.

"Maxon, I'll admit I do like you. But, 'this guy', Hiccup, I've known my whole life. You and I met this morning. I've liked Hiccup for over two years now. You expect my feelings to change? Even if you and I were to get married, I would still like him, Maxon." I say.

Maxon just sighs and walks away.

"Suitor?" Hiccup asks.

I nod.

"Astrid," Hiccup looks at me "is what you said true?"

Heat rises to my cheeks but, I give a small nod.

Hiccup beams "Meet me at the cove tomorrow night. Make sure to not be seen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweetness overload!!!*explodes*

Maxon is out of the picture. YASSS.

HICCSTRID. FREAKING. YASSSS.

-Kylie😜
xoxo