Chapter 3

^^This is how Astrid sings and the dress that she wears
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's P.O.V

"Astrid, you must go to the party" my mom nags.

"But, mom, I don't want to! I'm twenty years old now, I can do what I want! I'm not a kid anymore!" I yell.

"Astrid, we are having visitors from England, America, and Italy. If we want to get you a nice suitor you have to go" my mom gestures outside the window, where preparations are going on.

"Mom! I'm tired of damn suitors! What if I've already decided who I wanted to marry?!" I punch the window, causing it to shatter.

"A lady does not use foul language. A lady does not raise her voice. And a lady does not destroy property." my mom says sternly.

"Mom, why can't you realize that what you've been forming me into isn't me." I wave my arms around.

"Why, of course it is Astrid. We've been forming you into this your whole life." my mother says.

"No! It's what you've been forming me into! I'm not some perfect lady tha-" I'm cut off.

"Astrid, I have a whole Christmas party to prepare" she waves off what I said.

"Christmas? What about Snoggletog?" I ask.

"Our visitors celebrate Christmas. We have to make a good impression. I expect you to be ready at exactly 5:00. No more, no less." my mom walks out of my room.

I groan and plop on my bed.

My mother doesn't let me do anything. She thinks I'm still a child.

I groan again and grab a piece of paper and sit at my desk.
I begin to write song lyrics to a Christmas song I have to sing at the party.

Hiccup's P.O.V

"Hiccup, any good man needs to have a date to a party like this" my dad says.

He says I have to get a girl to come with me to the party. He says it's easy to get a date. Well, it's not.

Who would go with me anyway?

"Hiccup, why don't you ask Astrid?" my mom says from the kitchen.

"Wha- I-I-I couldn't do that" I stutter.

"Why not? Astrid is a fine young lady. You should ask her" my mom says.

"But I-" I'm cut off.

"Go, son. I expect you to come back with a yes answer from Astrid" my dad pushes me out the door and shuts the door behind me.

Toothless lands in front of me.

"Hey, bud" I pet his nose.

Toothless perks up and looks towards the sky.

He roars.

"What is it, bud?" I ask him.

Within a second Stormfly lands in front of him.

"Oh, Stormfly" I shrug.

I see Astrid getting off of Stormfly.

Why is she so cute?

"Hi Hiccup" she shyly smiles.

"Oh, um, hey Astrid" I rub the back of my neck.

"What's up?" she pats Toothless's head.

"Um, not much. Hey, I was kinda wondering if you, maybe, wanted to, like, go to the party with me?" I avoid eye contact with her.

"O-oh, um, s-sure, I'd love to" she shyly smiles again.

Yes!! Wait, did she actually say yes? To me?

"Okay. Then, I'll pick you up at 6?" I ask.

"Actually, I have to be there as soon as the party starts but, I'll see you there" she mounts Stormfly "Let's go, Stormfly" she flies off.

Astrid's P.O.V

He asked me.

WOO-HOO!!!!

Mother never said anything about what I did if I got asked, so I gladly said yes.

*5:00 pm*

"Mom, can't I do my own hair?" I groan.

"Fine then" she walks out of my room.

I curl my hair and pin some of it up with the diamond hairpins my mother gave me.

I strip out of my normal clothes and step into my dress. I struggle with the zipper but, I eventually get it. (in the picture)

I apply lipgloss, eyeliner, mascara, and a little blush to my face.

I step into the heels, grab my song lyrics, and walk downstairs.

*Party*

"Hello everyone and welcome to Berk's first Christmas party!! I am Astrid Hofferson and I just wanted to thank everyone for coming. It means a lot to me and to Berk. Once again thanks so much for coming and have a great time!!" I finish the speech my mom made me practice for 3 hours.

I walk off the stage and am met by Hiccup.

"Sorry Hiccup" I apologize.

"You don't need to apologize. you have things to do as 'the pride of Berk'" he does air quotes.

I laugh.

"You look beautiful, Astrid" Hiccup says.

He told me I'm beautiful....

"Astrid!!!" I hear my mom call.

"I'm sorry Hiccup I've gotta-" he cuts me off.

"Don't worry about it. Just come find me when you're done" he walks off.

I walk over to my mom.

"This is Luke Hemmingsway of England" my mom introduces someone.

I curtsy and he bows back.

(He looks like Luke Hemmings)

*6:00*

"Attention, everyone!!! My daughter, Astrid Hofferson, is now going to be singing a song called Silver Nights" my mother announces.

I walk up to the stage and walk on.

My eyes lock with Hiccup's.

The music starts.

(Play video now)

The song ends and I have no words.

My eyes were locked with Hiccup's through the whole song...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's kinda late for this chapter but, whatever!!

I got a Stormfly action figure omg.

-Kylie😜
xoxo