Chapter 3 - First Of Many

Hey guys! I'm back and I just want to say thank you all so much for reading and voting on Chapter 2! I enjoy the spam, honestly, even though my notifications died in hospital a while back. There was nothing they could do. RIP notifications.

Anyway, I always give a best comments award and this one has to go to PackWolfLegolas for the poem on Ye Olde Pheasant:

"There's nothing so pleasant,
As Ye Olde Pheasant
Come out of the cold
Our drinks never get old
Don't be such a wuss
Come, DRINK WITH US!"

Also please check out Definitely-Lost 's book of random memes about these characters! They're amazing!

Again, don't worry about correcting mistakes - I don't bite (usually).

Enjoy!

"I hope everything goes to plan." Callahan whispered, his breath stirring her hair and a smile playing over his lips.

"Me too. I mean, what could go wrong?" She smiled reassuringly. They had spent most of the day organising this, Callahan and she. Everything was in place, just one more thing to do. Then everything would be ready.

Evelyn was desperate to make Lady Teodora feel more welcome. She could tell her mistress felt slightly at odds with everyone here, and what better way to get their favour than to dine with the king himself? She couldn't think of one, and from Callahan's enthusiasm, he couldn't either.

They had wine, left from the knighting ceremony last week, and the kitchen staff were all informed and preparing special food. It was all perfect. Once they had informed Lady Teodora, all they had left to do was surprise the king.

"I'll go and check on the kitchen staff, make sure everything's fine. You go and tell Teo." Both figures nodded and went their separate ways, both thinking ahead to tonight. Secretly, both looked forward to it more that they really should, considering they wouldn't be there, so Uther would have no idea it was their plan. But they wanted both royal and noble to be happy, so they looked forward to it just the same.

———

Callahan nearly crashed into the very Lady he was looking for when she exited her room hastily, just as he was entering. She gave him a curious look and was about to continue on her way when he put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Teo?"

"Callahan?"

Her eyes widened in surprise at their interaction, and he didn't blame her. Neither knew the other particularly well, nor were they particularly close to each other, so her reaction was fairly mild considering his hand was on her shoulder. He removed it hastily.

"Your serving girl, Evelyn, and I, have, well, been organising something today..."

He paused, not sure how to continue, and Teo spoke. "Oh?"

"We have arranged for you to dine with the king tonight, in order for you to become better acquainted with him. Evelyn felt that you had distanced yourself from us and we just wanted to help make you feel more welcome-"

He was interrupted as she threw her arms around him. "Thank you, Callahan." She whispered, her words as full of gratitude as her eyes were of unshed tears. "Thank you."

He explained their plan to her, how Uther was not yet aware that he would have company tonight, how she would arrive and request to dine with him... every detail of details was planned out to perfection. Teo beamed as she listened and nodded. "Of course. And thank you again, Callahan."