Chapter Three

Release
________________________

Kᴇʏ

"I'm out this bitch!! Y'all can take my damn food, slippers, boxers

"I'm out this bitch!! Y'all can take my damn food, slippers, boxers....."

"Lemme get that magazine"one of the inmates reached for the playboy magazine.

"Yeah you can keep that"I handed him the playboy magazine. He walked off happy as fuck that he got that magazine. I had more shit that I gave away but some stuff I kept. Like my letters from grandma and dolph ass. He writing to me like he a female. Soft ass.

After giving away my stuff to the inmates, I walk with the guards to the front so I can rejoin my family. A nigga been in jail for too long and it's time for me to leave so I can make my music. I went to jail for drug charges. Plus, they found a gun in the trunk of my car. So my ass stayed in jail for 8 months.

All I been doing in jail was rapping and letting niggas know who the fuck I am. They have so much respect for me even the guards.

"Key!"I heard my grandmother yelled out my name. I smiled and walk over to her. I kiss her cheek then dap up my little cousin. We walked out the facility laughing and smiling. It feels good to go back home.

𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯 { ᴋᴇʏs ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴍᴀ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ }

"Awwww. My baby is home"my great aunt came and hugged me. I hugged her back smiling down. Y'all just don't know how happy I am to be back home.

Being in jail was hell. My family members wanted to get me out of jail but it was too much. Like 150k to get me out. But I told them to just let me do my time and save they money. I'm still the same markeyvius. I didn't learn shit in jail. I was surrounded by youngins that made me feel old.

"You heard from marlon?"my grandma ask. I haven't talk to my brother in a while and I don't want to talk to him. He made the most dumbest decision in his life. Hanging out with the East Nashville Crips. I know Nashville isn't close to Memphis but they tryna take over Tennessee. I just don't want marlon in prison or dead. He deep deep into this gang.

"Nah, I haven't heard from him"I shook my head. "If I did, that would of been a shock"I chuckled.

"A shock to all of us. But I heard on the news that some gang shoot up a club and robbed a bank this week"—"Caught the guys on camera and I couldn't believe who I saw"

"Who?"I ask while fixing myself a plate.

"Marlon. He had a gun and a bag"my grandma sigh heavily. "They said they think he was leader of the robbery"

"What about the club shooting?"I ask.

"Wasn't him. News and streets talk key"

"Grandma I told you to leave marlon ass alone. If he wants to go stealing out of people shit and get shot up, that's him he sign up for it"I ranted. I don't want to hear about my brother stealing and shooting shit up. I just don't want my grandma to keep worrying about this nigga. Let him run free.

"Grandma!!"here comes this nigga. I playfully rolled my eyes once I heard Adolph voice. "Where this skinny nigga at!!"

"Stop yelling in my house boy!!"grandma yelled back. I walk to the living room with a smirk on my face.

"Why you got that look on your face? Come here, give daddy a hug"he smiled. I bust out laughing and hugged him tightly. "Mannn look at you. Boy you look like skinny dog lookin for food"

"I know you ain't talking"I laughed.

"Check this out"he nodded to the door. I walked outside seeing a all black Rolls Royce Wraith sitting in the driveway. My eyes widen once I seen that bad mother fucker.

"Daaaaammmmmnnnn"I ran towards the car looking in the inside. "Cuzin, this you"I pointed to the car.

"Yeahhh. Bought it last month"dolph smiled.

"That's a blessing for you"I shook my head. "You know niggas gone be mad and jealous like some females"

"They know who I am. They ain't gone do shit"dolph said. "But say, I gotta holla at you real quick"

"Alright"was all I said.

𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯 { ᴅᴏʟᴘʜ ᴡʀᴀɪᴛʜ }

"This bitch is fabulous"I smiled

"A hood nigga saying fabulous"dolph laughed. "Shut up nah"

"What you wanted to talk about?"I ask him looking out the window. Some females was pointing at the car smiling and waving at us.

"I wanted to talk about your career"dolph said.

"What about it?"I ask.

"You love rapping right"

"Yeah I guess it's alright"I mumble.

"Nah Nigga it ain't alright with you. Everybody bumping yo shit in Tennessee"dolph said.

"For real?"

"Hell Yeah. Best underground rapper in Memphis"—"Now look, I can sign you under my record label if you want. So you don't have to go looking for record labels to be with"

"Thanks I'm flattered"I rubbed my hair a bit. "But I don't know, I might...."Dolph cut me off.

"Where you just came from?"he ask.

"Jail"I whispered.

"exactly. What job you have?"

"Nun"I sigh.

"Exactly"—"I see you ain't driving nun and I know damn well you ain't gone live with grandma all your life"

I didn't say shit. I just let him ramble on and on about my fucked up life.

"Markeyvius, you have talent bruh. Use that shit and make some real money. Not dirty money"

"You act like you haven't done that shit before"I faced him.

"I have and I'm through with that shit. I changed man, I have kids to think of now"he said. "Just think about it"We finally pulled back to grandma apartment. I open the door to dolph wraith and got out. I look back at the wraith thinking.....

'that should be me in that car'