Chapter 9

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Skylars Pov
Today's is Lauren's Funeral. I look in my closet and search for something to wear. I end up choosing a short black dress and a pair of black flats. I straighten my hair and put in a pony tail.
"Skylar, are you ready?" Luke asks me
"Yes, let's get going." I say
I go into the car and buckle up.
-At The Funeral-
I get out of the car and take my seat.
"Skylar, are you going to be talking?" Kasey asked me
"I'll try. I don't know if I'll be able to."
I get up and walk to the front of the room, and step on the podium.
"Lauren was a really shy girl. At least, before she gets use to you. She was the best thing that happened to me. When I was I at orphanage, she would always stick by my side, and I would always be by hers. She wasn't just another kid waiting, she was one of the smartest and kindest kid there. When I was going to be adopted she begged me to take her with me. I shouldn't have asked, she would've been safe. I love her to pieces, and it's my fault, I promised to keep her safe." I break into tears and get off the podium. I run into te bathroom, it's all my fault.
Flash Back
"Skylar this is your new roommate," Ms.Miles said to me.
A tiny little girl comes in dragging her suit case behind her. I get up and go help her. As I grab the suitcase my hand brushes over hers. I look up and see her flinch.
"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."
She waddled over to me and put her arms around my leg, pulling me into a small hug.
Flash Back over

I hear a knock at the door and then I hear a voice.
"Skylar, open up its me, urm Ashton" I get up and go to unlock the door.
"What do you want Calum?" I spit.
"Are you, um okay" he asked.
"Yea, perfectly fine"
"I'm sorry about the ki-"
"Yea, don't ever bring it up. I'm sorry for being a bitch." I said
"Friends?" he put his hand out
"Friends." I shake it.
"Lets go back out there. Kasey is about to speak and she needs all the support." I stand up from my spot and walk out of the bathroom.

-3 weeks later(Morning)- 

"Hey Skylar, we need to sign you up for school." Michael said to me.
I take another bite of my Oreo.
"But why?" I whined
"Because you need to get a education"
"Okay, fine. Can I do online schooling?" I say
"No, you need friends."
"Then, what kind of school?" I ask

"How about a Music school?"
"Sure"
"Okay, I'll search."
"You want to know something?"
"What?"
"I need a life."
Michael and I get up and go into our rooms. I grab my phone and pull up twitter.
Skylar: Hey 5SOSfam! Does anyone want to fangirl with me? Cause I'm bored:P
I wait patiently for a couple of seconds until my notifications start to blow up. I scroll down and click on the first person that mentioned me.
MICHAELS CUM IS YUM: Can you please do like DM's to the boys?<3
Skylar: Okay so @MYKINGISMICHAEL wants me to do DM's to the guys. So stalk and rt!
I look through my notifications and look through some of the stalks.
IDedicateThisToMike: Stalk and tweet.@BlueJayClifford*-* 54
Potato✨: Tweet & Stalk @BlueJayClifford 🙉 31
MICHAELS CUM IS YUM: Stalk and Tweet for Dms to the boys @BlueJayClifford97
Skylar: 1min! Picking three lads!
I wait patiently for one minute. I scroll through my notifications and pick the last three people.
Skylar:Done! okay so the winners are @MYKINGISMICHAEL @Kass_mix and @CClaudia ! Congrats.

-Afternoon-
"Ok, so I have two schools here. There is Jefferson Lake School of Music or Oakland Private School. Which one do you want?"
I look through both school pages and observe them. Jefferson Lake has music, art class, and no uniforms. I take a look at Oakland and see that they have to wear uniforms. And Skylar Irwin-Clifford does not wear uniforms!
"Mikey, I think I'm going with Jefferson Lake." I say
"Ok, I'll call tomorrow to see when we can stop by."
"I'm going to call the guy and girls over to see if there coming to have a movie night."
"Okay,"
I climb up the steps, awkwardly, using both hands and feet, to lazy to walk normally. When I finally make it up the stairs, I grab my phone and send a text to Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Kasey. Who are all hanging out with their friends.
To: Kasey, Calum, Ashton, Luke
Hey weirdos:P Who wants to come over for a movie night?
Pretty soon I get a text from all of them saying they agreed.
"Mike they're all coming over." I shout.
"Okay, go pick out some movies to watch. "
I go back down stairs into the living room to search for a movie. I end up picking Into the Storm and Annabelle. A couple minutes later the door bell ring signalling that the guys and Kasey are here.
"Come in!" I yell.
Kasey and the boys come in talking to each other.
"What movies are we watching?" Kasey asks
"Into the Storm and Annabelle."
"Nice choices, is it okay if Titi comes over?" Calum said
"Sure," I mumble. 
Calum grabs his phone and types away.
-Movie Time-
I'm sitting between Calum and Ashton. We're watching Annabelle. I scream when Annabelle pops underneath the door.
"Holy shit! That is creepy!" I yell
"Babe you light up my world." Calum whispers to Titi. 

I roll my eyes. SUPER CRINGEY.

"False! It humanly impossible for a girl to light up your world. The sun lights up your world." I state.
"I need to go to the lady's room, Kasey can you show me where it is?" Titi asks "sweetly"
"Sure." I hesitate, but get up.
I show Titi where the bathroom is.
"You listen to me, I don't want you near Calum ever again!" she swipes her hand across my face. I grab my cheek and wince in pain. Then she smacks herself in the cheek and starts to fake cry. I guess Calum heard her cry because he came running up the stairs.
"Sky-Skylar smacked me," She fake sobs into his shoulder.
"Wha-What! I didn't slap her! For all you know, she slapped me!" Anger rushes into my system.
"Skylar! Go to your room!" Calum yells.
"Your not in charge if me! I am a official adult."

"If you're a official adult, why are you still here living with us?! Your only here for our fame and you know it!"

Pretty soon Kasey comes upstairs.
"What's going on?" Kasey asked
"Can you please take Skylar to her room."Calum says 

" WHY AM I LIVING HERE, REALLY CALUM! I DON"T KNOW IF YOU KNOW BUT I DON'T KNOW MY PARENTS! I LIVED IN A CHILDHOOD WHERE I GOT BEAT. I DON'T HAVE A HOME. AND YOU WILL NEVER BE MY FRIEND. I JUST NEED TO LEAVE, AND DON'T COME LOOKING FOR ME CALUM, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CARE ANYWAYS."

----------------------------------------------

NIGHT CHANGES IS ON THE RADIO!! IM TRYING NOT TO SING! OMG LOUIS VOICE IS PERF!
Anyways thanks for 1.43k+ reads and 100+ votes! I thought I would get 100 reads! Thanks so much! May I ask you guys to start to comment more please. Sometimes I wish I could die. Like right now!
Goal: 6 votes and 5 comments
Update: within the next two weeks