~Prologue~

"NO!! HES IN THERE!!!" I screamed trying to break from their grasps. I saw Dimitri, my love, fall and now they are probably draining the life out of his body and they restrain me. That's all I could think about. Every nerve in my body wanted to save him or die trying.

"HE IS DEAD!!! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO JOIN HIM!!!" I couldn't stop staring at the cave. Back where Dimitri was, back where half my soul was. It took my mother to slap me across the face hard to get me to pay attention to her and not the cave with Strigoi swarming at the entrance. I cried very hard. "We need every second we can get-it sill may not be enough!" She shouted gripping my shoulders like strigoi strength. I began to ramble in a hysteric manor. She grabbed my hand and tugged me from where my shoes were temporarily stuck. I kept fighting. She got inches away from my face and yelled, "RUN!!!" We ran down the small rocky hill the cave was resting on. I ran with my heart bursting and crumbling and expanding in my chest. I hurt like hell and I wanted to go back and be with him. Like half or more of my soul was ripped out and brought down with him that day.

That was the last time. Last time I saw his beautiful brown eyes. For a while...

>AUTHORS NOTE<
Alright so this is my what I've got so far. I have other chapters but I don't plan to put those on yet until I perfect them. This is my first story so please don't think too harshly about my writing style. Yes I did use some of Richelle's sentences and I give her all the credit. I do not own the Vampire Academy series. It all belongs to the fabulous Richelle Mead!

Thank you, Crazy :D