~Chapter 8~

"Rose, what are you doing?"

"Liss I love you. More than anything, I would do anything." I looked down at my bracelet tears came down. Lissa sat up and lightly touched my hand. Breath. "If Christian turned strigoi... Would you leave all you have to save him?" I looked up and she was just looking at me. Concern and confusion was pretty obvious through the bond.

She began to nod very slowly. She's starting to realize what I'm going to say.

"I made a promise. That I would stake him, Dimitri if he was ever turned strigoi.... I have to do it Lissa. I have to save him." She began to cry too. I'd rather be laughing my ass off with her like that other night. "I will need to leave for a while."

"When will... You come.. Back?" She said between sobs.

"I... Will I just don't know when."

"Rose where are you going?"

"I..... Can't tell you. I want to keep you safe. It's better if you never know." She nodded and looked down.

"Promise you'll come back? Promise." I nodded and smiled. "I swear to come back. I could never leave you hanging. I love you so much.... Lissa you are my sunshine. With out you there would be darkness, and I would go insane. I can't go witho-oof" before I could finish she flung herself at me.

"Rose you mean just as much to me, as I mean to you."

"I will miss you so much Lissa."

"I understand Rose if you have to save your love. So be it. I would do the same exact thing."

"Thank you Lissa. I will if I can give Adrian messages for you." My face grew sad and grim. "I have to go... Want to see me off?" She frowned and nodded her head yes rapidly. Hey we're both desperate.

I grabbed my small bag and my hoodie. She walked with me outside and across the courts beautiful snow. The snow was reflecting the sun making it sparkly. Almost like crystals, millions. Its not very often I go outside during the day. It's almost like heaven with the snow covering almost every surface in sight. I glanced over at Lissa walking next to me. She pulled up her hood. She's not really sun resistant and she's not used to being out in the cold, like when I train. It doesn't matter what temperature. We train. We have to get used to fighting and working in any climate. Its life or death for the Moroi.

I saw Mikhail and Eddie walk out of the shack neer the gate. Following them behind was Sam. Please don't be coming. Yep he had a bag too. Great!!! I stopped in my tracks and closed my eyes. I can't keep letting this happen. If someone else trys to just slip past me and think they can risk their life for me, I'm going to scream.

I opened my eyes, took a deep breath, and smiled. "Hey Sam." He smiled back.

"Rose we have to go now. We'll be hiking to a town to rent a car to get to the air port." Said Eddie.

My breath almost caught. I need to say goodbye! I turned to Lissa and hugged her. She began to sob again so did I. To calm her down I thought of a little melody to hum to her softly.

You are me sunshine,
My only sunshine,
You make me happy,
When sky's are grey,
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you,
Please don't take,
My sunshine away...

I held her for a few more moments. The guys came over to do a group hug. I started hicking on my sobs. They broke away first I kept holding her. I don't want to leave. She's my best friend. A little voice in my head told me I had to go. But my heart is telling me to stay with her and move on from Dimitri. I can't listen to both.

I stepped back to make it easier or else I would have stayed there forever. I took one of her hands and squeezed it. "Tell Christian that I said to take care of you or I might have his head?"

She giggled. It was the exact same thing my mother said to Adrian. "You'll always be with me." I said pointing to her head. "Just message me whenever you want. I'll be listening. I'll think of you every night. See?" I said holding out my wrist to show her the bracelet. "You are always going to be my sister. My sunshine," I said forcing a smile. "I love you."

"Don't forget." She cried.

"Liss you are burned into my mind forever. Nothing, nothing in this world will ever change that."

"I love you." She said. I backed away and turned around, and didn't look back. My face was scrunching up as I walked away. I could only control my emotions so much in front of the guys.

I walked up to the gate and stood next to Eddie and Mikhail. Sam ran to the shack to punch the button then push it again. We walked while Sam had to rush to not get squished by the gate. I now leave everything behind for a while to do something that will haunt me forever.

I set off to kill the man I loved.