Introduction

This is a short story I wrote for a class back in 2011. The class was about the Devil's Pact in literature and film. My goal for this story was to take ideas from a number of different source materials and apply them to write a new story that I hadn't seen before.

Source materials that inspired me include, but are not limited to the following:

1. The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941)

2. Faust (the play) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3. The Book of Job from the Bible

4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

5. A Christmas Carol (the novel) by Charles Dickens

Because of the principle characters' names many people will not believe that I wrote this story in 2011. Yes the main characters are loosely based on Fred and Donald Trump, but this was not and is not meant to be any sort of political statement. It's just a coincidence that I found this story in my hard drive recently and wanted to post it here. This was written in the middle of President Obama's first term before Trump running was even a thought. The real reason I was inspired to use these character names was that I had recently watched The Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump which aired in 2011, when I wrote this. Please read this as a work of religious fiction and not as any sort of political metaphor or statement about current political topics.

Thanks for reading.