The End

Donald was free, but only partially. He may have won back his soul, but he could never lose the guilt that he had gained because of it. He had taken the lives and eternities of five different people just to save his own. He could not look himself in the mirror anymore. His own reflection brought tears to his eyes. He was very old, but not dead and he would not waste the rest of his time. Yes he was rich, but not unlike his father, Donald had never been happy with all that money. He had spent the last 45 and a half years worried about getting his soul back and had not really enjoyed it. He had been selfish from his youth and had never really cared about anyone else. He decided that he would use what time he had left, no matter how short trying to help others. He felt that he had taken so much over the course of his life, but never gave anything. He would start with Mark Grit's family. He took Mark's body and made sure that he got a proper funeral. The coffin was made of pure gold and the plot was put in its own special section of a very prestigious graveyard near the Grit home. Donald spent the rest of his life meeting as many people as he could and using his money to help make their dreams come true. He never turned down anyone with a selfless goal or simple desire. He would do his best to make sure that other good people like Mark and his father wouldn't lose their souls the way he had almost lost his. At age 95, Donald Faust died a free man. Though he spent the first 85 years of his time on Earth hated by one man or another, his death was mourned by friends. He really had changed lives for the better and he would be missed.