three

—a job to do

"that was a close one..." park jimin said with a small chuckle as he lowered his harnessed rope down. his foot was rested on the outer window sill, while his rope hung by a grappling hook at the top of the building. he was basically watching namjoon and jungkook from outside the window, he could just barely hear the words being exchanged. they were all mumbles through the glass and brick walls.

"the wind is wild... almost like it's trying to give you away," kim taehyung laughed. taehyung was jimin's best friend and business partner. they often worked together for missions and went on 'stake outs' like this one where they spied on the city. "i had to admit it was funny how you hit the window, but it's not like you would've been caught, you're literally invisible."

"i would have been... first of all, my gear would be visible since i can only turn so much invisible... and once i hit the window, the impact caught me off guard so i turned visible... but you can't tell since i'm only visible to you..." jimin explained while he examined his gear to make sure it was all functional after hitting the window. the wind in the moment was strong enough that while jimin was hanging by the rope, it pushed him into the window, but he was quick enough to get away before jungkook could see. "you on the other hand could've gotten us caught if you moved any slower."

"me? i don't think i was the one to hit the window, giving us both away..." taehyung jokingly rubbed the back of his neck. jimin only rolled his eyes.

"still could've gotten our asses caught..." jimin mumbled, as he looked back in through the sheer curtains of the office. he would swear by it, his eyes met jungkook's if only he was visible, he would've seen him. jimin sighed, clicking a button that wound up his rope and raised him to the top of the roof. taehyung followed him up.

once at the rooftop, jimin unhooked his grappling hook from where it was stationed, and let the device hang at his waist. he took his leather clad hands and dusted off his dark outfit from anything that could've fallen on him. he was finally visible to the world. he looked over the edge of the building at the busy city.

"it's funny... so many eyes are on us, yet none of them see us," jimin said absentmindedly. "isn't that strange..?"

"easy for you to say, no one can see you at all sometimes..." taehyung said, with a sigh as he watched jimin near the edge. jimin laughed quietly with the statement of his friend, but his gaze remained on the city.

"sure, but you went undetected just as easily," jimin squatted over the edge of the building, resting his arms on his bended knees, while his feet were enough to stabilize him. he watched the streets as agents from the scouts began to scatter about. jimin understood their routine, nearly studying it. he knew where his threats were and where he was safe.

"it's getting dangerous out there," taehyung said, standing beside the kneeling jimin. "they're getting smarter while we're staying the same, are you sure you still wanna do this?" he asked.

"we aren't getting smarter? where did that come from?" jimin's voice was laced with a sarcastic disbelief and a small chuckle. it was seemingly the most emotion he's ever put into a sentence. "all the information we need is from these night owls that roam the streets..." jimin's voice returned to its normal, monotone state. but it was strong and confident. it was always hard to tell how jimin felt because he hid his emotions so well behind his words. it always got taehyung mad when jimin couldn't just be vulnerable for once in his life.

"are you telling me learn from watching the same thing every single night?"

"precisely, and you basically just answered your own question," jimin lazily pointed a finger to a location that seemed random. taehyung's eyes followed the direction of the finger, seeing how jimin was actually pointing to a group, i okie of the scouts groups to be exact. "that's min yoongi and his sub unit of a sub unit... i know exactly where they're going to go," jimin said.

"where?" taehyung asked, while jimin's lips smirked, as he was getting ready to show off his point.

"after they check that brick building, they're going to go into the alley way to check the dumpsters for any weapons that people threw out, probably thinking, or hoping they'll find our dna on one," jimin said, in a calm voice. jimin was relaxed, but taehyung was confused and somewhat bothered. he watched the group to see if they were going to do as predicted. to taehyung's surprise, everything happened exactly like jimin stated it. his brain clearly didn't register the fact that jimin just predicted their movements. that was apparent in his facial expression.

"if you were as serious as i was, you would be able to see it too..." jimin mumbled as his eyes were locked onto the group.

"what exactly do you see, jimin?"

"failure, their constant failure to just look up and see us on this rooftop, that's what i see every single night... how they fail to catch the criminals they so desperately want to rid from this city," jimin said, standing up with a heaving sigh. his hands were stuffed in the pockets of his black leather jacket. he let out a small, pitiful laugh. "back to what you asked... you would notice that after a while, you can easily learn the patterns of where they're going to go..." jimin turned his head to watch the city. "that group is going to take a car and head to north seoul and patrol around seoul's borders... it's lame really, what if we did our work outside of seoul?" jimin scoffed at the thought. it seemed to go over taehyung's head.

"so how does this make you smarter than they are?"

"seriously? it's the fact that they aren't smart enough to switch up their routine, to expand... i've only had to start watching them for a few weeks to notice that their routines are the same every single night... meanwhile they can't predict us," taehyung finally nodded at jimin words, understanding what his partner meant. "they can't predict who we hurt, or where we're gonna go next, meanwhile i already know where to avoid and at what times to avoid those places because their routine never changes... by default we're smarter than this joke of a group."

"then i guess our next big project will be to go for these scouts?" taehyung asked, jokingly with a smirk towards the blue-silvery haired male.

jimin let out a laugh, but shook his head slowly in rejection. "if i was truly a ruthless 'criminal' i'd be all for that, unfortunately, that's not our job," jimin said with a sigh.

taehyung raised his hand, hoping jimin would raise his hand to complete the high five. he purses his lips in a small embarrassment, then pushed his tongue inside his cheek. realization dawned upon taehyung, causing him to lower his hand while he let out a tired sigh. "right... you don't do touching," taehyung responded to jimin's silence. once more silence settled, jimin walked towards the center of the rooftop. taehyung followed, their quiet footsteps echoing into the cold night.

jimin looked out to the side, his gaze fixing on the empty rooftops up ahead. he looked at his phone for the time, then securely placed it back into his pocket. he looked into the distant sky, his appearance looking like a model in the night as the breeze brushed pasted his navy locks of hair.

"i'll be going now, i've got a job to do."