fifteen

—the night owls

it was always like jungkook to stay active. even when he got precious days off, you could find him at the gym early in the morning or late at night. he would jog there and jog back to his penthouse to get his day started or maybe that's how he chose to end his day. that was assuming the weather was clear. sometimes the nights and morning would consist of rain and gloom, so he would just have to drive to his activities. these days, with the increasing crime rate and unsolved case to solved cases ratio, he'd been spending much time in the office. but finally he caught a true couple days of break unless he was desperately needed in the office.

it was dark, the sun had set long ago. that's how jungkook would go to the gym, early enough that there was no sun, or late after the sun set. it was his day off, but he did some work from home, just to ensure he wouldn't get behind on his work. after completing his workout, he was ready to jog back like his normal routine called for. his forehead was glistening with sweat, his shirt had some wetness from the sweat that covered his body. he wore loose basketball shorts along with white sneakers. with earbuds in, he listened to some song on the workout playlist he designed on his phone as he ran.

the streets were fairly empty this time of day... well night. there were some other night owls who were active along with him. some were either running like he was or on the way to the gym. the street lamps were still in use because of how dark it was outside. but the day sky was ever so quickly fading into the night time.

oh yeah, and park jimin basically stalked jungkook all the way to the gym. he watched as the younger exited his penthouse. he watched while he jogged the gym. he watched as he left the gym, now to this very moment of jungkook jogging back to his home. he kept internally debating on whether or not he would make himself known to the oblivious fbi agent.

he was only visible to jungkook, invisible to the other unsuspecting people on the streets. he perched himself on street lamps or rooftops. like tarzan, he swung himself from building to building with a great stealth that apparently jungkook couldn't even detect. some agent he was. eventually jimin just had enough of the younger who couldn't even feel his presence.

"hey, up here!" jimin yelled, waving his arm in the air to jungkook. the music in his earbuds must've been loud, because jungkook seemed too focused on his running to notice the criminal sitting on a street lamp. jimin groaned, hanging his arms and heads, still perfectly balanced on the thing metal post. he was practically giving himself away. he could've studied the agent from afar. he could've kept himself invisible, while walking in front of him or right along side him. but no, he was already taking a risk by being visible and he was in a fairly close proximity to the younger.

"you're kidding me..." jimin mumbled to himself in not only disbelief but in annoyance. he wanted jungkook recognize him, to see he was there. "just look up..." jimin pleaded, icy eyes following jungkook. he never cared to come face to face with his enemy as much as he did in this moment.

most criminals would think he was crazy for not acknowledging jungkook's authority, or even yoongi's and namjoon's. they were all in such a powerful position to lock him up or even give him the death penalty, maybe even murder him in the spot. actually most authorities were in powerful positions when it came to catching park jimin. it was always shocking how 'chill' jimin would be about the subject of him getting caught. he didn't fear it. he didn't fear anything the authorities could do to him.

jimin lined himself up perfectly on the sidewalk, many paces in front of jungkook. he stood in front of a dark alleyway, waiting for jungkook to run past. he was now invisible to everyone, even jungkook. the younger would quite literally not know what hit him.