twenty seven

—the truth untold

"what the hell is going on here...?" jungkook said upon entering the penthouse. he left for a couple hours and the house was covered in ingredients like flour, eggs, chocolate chunks, probably other things that he wasn't sure of. he came home to jimin making himself levitate, laying himself horizontally in the air, while jaechan sat on his stomach.

both of them had flour covering their clothes and faces. the kitchen looked like a baking bomb exploded. jungkook already felt a headache coming on.

"we... wanted to make cookies..." jimin admitted, a little embarrassed.

"how did you think this was going to make cookies?!" jungkook said, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"we have hard time..." jaechan said. "sorry koo..." the child mumbled. jungkook sighed.

"sorry kookie~" jimin said, with an innocent pout.

"i can't leave you two alone can i? jimin stop floating in the air, you two are helping me clean this up," jungkook said, going into the kitchen and getting a few rags.

"aw man," jimin said, holding onto jaechan and lowering himself to the ground. "you're like an angry mom," jimin laughed. jaechan laughed along with him.

"yeah well maybe if i didn't come home to this..." jungkook made crazy hand gestures at all of the mess. jimin smirked and smeared from flour onto jungkook's face. but the younger was hardly amused. "excuse me..?"

"oops," jimin shrugged. jungkook tossed him one of there damp rags, and the. tossed one to jaechan.

"get cleaning you two! we don't have all night."

it was... hours after they had cleaned, and jungkook still food flour in random places. somehow it was even on the couch cushions. but finally he could relax. jaechan and jimin got a shower after their failed baking attempt. jungkook had to promise to bake cookies with them at some point when he had the time. jaechan was sat at the dining table, coloring with jimin in the random coloring books he had. they both colored in the books, comparing drawing and encouraging each other.

they laughed together, enjoying each other's company late in the night. jungkook of course opened his home to jimin again, seeing as how jaechan wanted him to stay. jungkook sat on the couch, sipping from a beer bottle, the same one he offered to jimin. jaechan being curious wanted to have some of his chimmy's drink, but... that was the one thing jimin rejected from the child. he was sad but got over it quickly when jimin agreed to do some kind of activity with him. that's how jimin ended up coloring with jaechan.

but something else pricked at jungkook's brain, not just the cute scene he was witnessing from afar. although that occupied a good spade in his mind. maybe it was the fact that jimin still had no idea that jaechan was a part of him. a product of his own dna. his fingers tightened around his bottle and he stood up and approached the two.

"hey jimin... can we talk?" jungkook asked.

jimin looked at jaechan. the boy was yawning, slowly falling asleep. the boy still tried to stay awake to color with jimin, not realizing that they always had the next day. it always made juhgkook feel bad. the child always tried to spend as much time with jungkook as he could when it was just the two of them. jaechan knew that it was either now or never because juhngkook could return to the workplace and not be back for days at a time.

"yeah... what's up?" jimin picked up the nearly sleeping child and carried him to his room.

"just come out into the lounge when you've put him to bed..." jungkook sighed. jimin raised an eyebrow in confusion but complied with what jungkook had directed. it didn't take long for him to send the child off to sleep considering he was pressuring asleep. he tucked jaechan into his bed and went out to meet jungkook in the lounge.

"so..?"

"it's... about jaechan..." jungkook said simply. jimin smiled at the topic of conversation.

"he's so cute, i'm jealous that jaecee went to you instead of me to take care of him, ahh..." jimin rubbed the back of his neck with a smile. "sometimes i want to take him away from you," jimin joke while he laughed quietly. jungkook cracked a smile but he wasn't laughing.

"well... you can technically do that..." jungkook mumbled. he purses his lips at his own words, watching as jimin's expression changed. jimin pouted in confusion.

"what are you talking about? jaecee asked you to watch him, not me," he sighed, flopping himself onto the other side of the sectional couch.

"yeah... jaechan might be jaecee's son but..." jungkook swallowed his words, inhaling a deep breath. "he's yours too."

jimin rolled his eyes, not thinking anything of the words. "really funny, how could he be mine? i haven't seen jaecee in years," he said with a sigh.

"jimin i'm serious... how old is jaechan?"

"what does does that—"

"how old is he, jimin?"

"he's four, right?" jimin asked, scratching his head at the question. he didn't know every detail about jaechan and he was more confused by the idea jungkook was pushing onto him.

"right, and how long ago has it been since you last saw jaecee?"

"almost five years?"

"right so what does the tell you?"

"that jaecee must have been with another guy when she went way to the mental hospital or before?"

"oh my god and you called me stupid..." jungkook stood up from the couch and began pacing around. he was frustrated at the density of jimin in this moment. he knew for a fact that jimin was smarter than this, he's been on the run for years and somehow stayed out of sight from government authorities. he also created an entire company of his father's design just to single out human traffickers. yet he couldn't seem to comprehend the fact that he ended up 'sewing his oats' in his past relationship.

"what are you getting at? i don't even remember when i last slept with..." his voice trailed thinking back to five years ago, at least what could remember. then his eyes widened with realization, his mouth was agape. that expression plastered on his face, freezing as his mouth move. "that night... the drunk night... no way— no way..."

"jaecee is jaechan's mother... you're his father jimin... and his name is park jaechan."