seven

—a deadly touch

after the encounter, jungkook finally went back to the office in silence. no other 'interruptions' besides his own brain telling him how he failed in catching park jimin, a thought that picked at his brain constantly. his hand was still bleeding furiously since he had nothing but the thin sleeve of his shirt to stop it from doing so. the cut slowly deepened on its own with all his movement, like driving and just letting the cut exist without proper care. he'll have to treat it at the office hopefully.

he parked his car in the parking garage of the building and then took an elevator to his desired floor. hallways decorated in black and white greeted him as he stepped out from the elevator and went to yoongi's office where we assumed the two older ones would be. he knocked at the door and a recognizable voice welcomed him inside.

"i told you it would take a while," yoongi sighed. both heads turned towards jungkook who was later than he hoped to be. although they didn't know it wasn't exactly his fault. as far as yoongi was concerned, his assumptions were correct.

"well uh," jungkook hung his jacket over a chair and rolled up his bloodied sleeve, revealing where the gash on his hand was. the cut ran from the upper palm of his hand to somewhere below his thumb. it was deeper than he originally thought. some blood was dried around it, while some dropped onto the floor of the office.

"what the fuck happened to you? hey! stop dripping blood on the carpet of my office!" yoongi scolded, as rose from his chair to push jungkook into the bathroom. namjoon sighed, holding the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb.

"i'm sorry since your carpet is more important my my injury," jungkook said, as he rinsed the wound off while yoongi looked for the first aid kit in his bathroom.

"what happened? where did you get that..." yoongi said, placing the box on the sink's grey counter top while pulling out things like cloth bandages, gauze, and medical tape and then something to clean the wound. "let me see..."

jungkook let yoongi take his hand, he examined the cut a bit before dabbing it with a cotton ball of hydrogen peroxide. jungkook winced while the liquid stung him, but he got over it eventually. yoongi put the gauze over the cut and then wrapped his hand and a bit of his wrist with the cloth bandage leaving and opening for this thumb and stopping the bandage just before all of his fingers. he secured it with the tape and then sighed.

"you better explain this... and you better not say you tripped on something," yoongi said as he put the extra supplies back into the kit. "god, i think you might need stitches."

"there's no time to go to the hospital," jungkook sighed. he walked out of the bathroom and sat in a chair. he was not faced with yoongi and namjoon, two faces who were desperate to hear the story as to how jungkook had a gaping wound on the palm of his hand. "i had an encounter..." his eyes flickered around the room, wondering if he should simply go into or leave out the bigger details. "with park jimin—"

"you had an encounter with park jimin? park. jimin. and you didn't alert anyone to come to your location?" yoongi asked.

"i didn't think anything was gonna happen, i almost hit him with my car, i didn't know it was park jimin... he revealed himself to me actually... which was weird..."

"so..? what happened?" namjoon asked.

"well... we were talking, it was almost like he was speaking... he spoke to me as if we were friends, but he spoke in puzzles almost, i could barely understand what he was saying... keep in mind how tired i've been..." jungkook mumbled the last bit, hoping not to seem too unprofessional in front of his colleagues. though, he was far past that point. "and then when i tried to cuff him, he slashed at my hand as soon as i made physical contact with him."