twenty two

—the unlikely alliance

jimin and taehyung were lead through the offices, after agreeing to work together. actually it was jimin who agreed to work with their enemy, taehyung had a thing or two to say about jimin's impulsive promises and lack of consulting him first— but ultimately, jimin orchestrated their entire industry, the ceo. he was allowed to make decisions like this and taehyung wouldn't leave his side.

meanwhile seokjin preferred to work in private and jung hoseok wasn't always reachable as a member of militia 16. he was constantly busy. they had stopped in jungkook's office where min yoongi and kim namjoon were waiting for him. he had informed the two of his plans before he met with jimin. they were aware of the tensions that were arriving.

"kim namjoon, min yoongi... park jimin and kim taehyung..." jungkook introduced. taehyung and namjoon seemed to stared each other down. being brothers on opposite ends of the spectrum wasn't an easy thing. they were siblings who couldn't get along, it was going to be impossible to break the ice between them to efficiently work together, but jungkook was prepared for that.

yoongi looked disgusted at the fact that the two of them were now working together with the scouts to catch the 'real criminals' as jimin had preached about so often. as for jimin? his blank, intense stare hid all his emotions. even his eyes couldn't give them away. he looked at no one and at nothing in particular. every time he made eye contact, he simply looked away.

"it's nice to see you after all these years, brother..." taehyung teased, knowing how they weren't on the best terms, considering namjoon had been working with people who were created for catching park jimin and kim taehyung. namjoon only rolled his eyes, trying to keep himself professional and composed, instead of falling into his childish brother's antics.

"play nice, we aren't thrilled with you guys here, so keep your brotherly feud out of business," yoongi scolded to taehyung. taehyung raised an eyebrow at the snappy remark, while he let out a scoff.

"why don't you mind your own business instead of ours, huh?" taehyung said, calmly, his voice not raising but seeming unamused at yoongi's words. yoongi was the short tempered typed and very passive-aggressive, it was in his nature.

"your business became my business the moment you stepped into this office—"

"you're talking business yet you don't know how to make some..." jimin chimed in with his monotone sounding voice. he definitely unamused with the sudden break out of bickering. he cracked his knuckles as he spoke as if he was gearing up for a fight. and just maybe he was.

"listen here you little—"

the argument was getting out of hand before jungkook slammed a book onto his desk. the sound echoed in their ears. yoongi and taehyung jumped, while namjoon and jimin remained collected as if the noise was nothing.

"i didn't bring you here for childish bickering, are we or are we not adults?" jungkook asked.

"how is the youngest in the room enough to put you all in order..?" jimin laughed at how pathetic the scene was. "your hierarchy must be collapsing," he sauntered over to jungkook's desk, blowing the youngest a kiss. the younger scrunched his nose at the action, watching while jimin sat on the very edge of the desk, just barely sitting on it. his legs were crossed in front of him, and his arms were folded across his chest. "it's pathetic really... that he's got to put you in check, is it always like this?"

"what does my age have to do with..." jungkook mumbled.

"are we gonna begin this meeting or does someone have to die first?" yoongi asked, glaring towards taehyung while he plopped himself into a chair.