Chapter Five

I was running away from the Shadow Wolves all the way to the castle. When I arrived inside the castle, I noticed a woman standing in the darkness.

Though I could see her silhouette, I spotted a crown, shining silver. I heard footsteps coming from my left and I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

Lukas stopped walking and was standing tall in front of me. I stood in confusion. Then I heard this coming from Lukas's mouth.

"I'm sorry..."

I shot awake, sweating, gasping, and panting. My heart pounded in my chest. I cooled down in the night, as I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I found Lukas sleeping soundly next to me. I was relieved that it was just a dream, but I was a little uncertain if the dream was correct, but it would happen later

I didn't know if this was going to be real or not. Lukas can't betray me. I can't imagine him doing that.

I won't believe it, but if it's true, I don't know what will happen.

I tried to go back to sleep, but the dream and Lukas's words just kept replaying in my head over and over.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

What is Lukas sorry for?

I got up and went on a walk to forget about everything I had a dream about.

The swift breeze brushed against my face. I breathed it in and exhaled. It felt nice out. The forest was quiet and there weren't any howls tonight. I don't know how it is so silent, but it was a little unusual. Shadow Wolves are always at night.

I looked at my braid and was a little frizzy. I took out the ribbon Lukas secured the braid with and let my hair loose. My long, black hair blew in the night breeze. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the calming whispers of the wind.

The wind continued to blow and I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I got my arrow for a weapon, I whipped around and almost stabbed the figure until it grabbed my wrist.

It was Lukas.
"Are you trying to kill me, woman?" he teased and let go of my wrist.

"Sorry, I thought you were a-"

"Monster?" Lukas raised his brow.

"Yeah...Sorry."

"It's fine, you were protecting yourself. You actually have really fast reflexes."

"Thank you. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same. You scared me when you weren't there."

"I didn't know you cared about me this much?"

"I-" Lukas paused. "Nevermind, let's get to the point. Why did you walk away from our area?"

I rubbed my left arm. "I had a nightmare, and I can't stop thinking about if it's true or not."

"What was it about?"

I told Lukas the nightmare, it was short, but it showed a lot of things that were surprising.

Lukas bit his lower lip.

"Something wrong?" I asked Lukas.

"No, it's just that it sounds terrible."

"I know, I had to get it off my chest, and feel a lot better."
Lukas smiled. "It could just be a regular nightmare. I would never betray you and that woman could be fictional."

"You're right, maybe I'm just paranoid. I just need to relax."

Everything was silent, except for the thoughts of suspicion echoed in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about Lukas saying 'I'm sorry'. I could not stop thinking about it no matter how hard I waved it away. I thought of it and I have to be cautious.