·sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs·

I was floating, the air was crisp and cool. I felt free and powerful. I looked down to see clouds below my feet, the city skyline barely visible in front of me. I breathed in and out, after being locked in a cell, it felt wonderful to be somewhere open.

Of course, nothing good lasts forever.

After a moment's breath, I fell. Darkness enveloped me, for a moment, I couldn't see or breathe. I felt trapped, imprisoned! It was horrible. All u could think was my family, trying to hold onto something that I loved, something I cared about. I closed my eyes shut to block out the ringing noise inside my head.

Stop!

The ringing continued, I didn't dare open my eyes, scared of the darkness that swallowed me. I screamed in fear, something I don't do often. I could feel a wet liquid on my skin, blood. The iron stench of it filled my nostrils as I breathed through my mouth.

Fear. That's all I felt.

But then it stopped. It all stopped.

My eyes shot open, I was on my bed, breathing heavily as the Krew stared at me in concern. I gave them a weak smile, shaken by what I've seen.

Kim spoke first, "Wenny...." She was cut off.

"I know, I know," I said, "I'm fine guys. Seriously." I tried standing up, my legs felt like jello. I stumbled and Kat leaned forward to help. I swatted her away and the rest stepped back. I needed to prove I could do it.

I shakily took one step forward, then another. I stabilized myself and smiled in triumph.

Allen cleared his throat, "Wenny, what happened?"

I shrugged, "Just passed out, that's all."

Allen gave me a contemptuous look, "We ahold get you to a doctor," he decided.

Betty and Kim nodded in agreement while Kat just stood back, thinking.

"No! I'm okay guys!" I insisted, "I don't need to see a doctor. I'm perfectly fine."

To be honest, I never like going to the doctors. I was always afraid, the monotone walla seemed like a prison, the clean, metal tools would always shine a glint of light, making me anxious. And after my experience with the lab, I'm a hundred and one percent more scared of hospitals now.

After what seemed like forever, Kat spoke.

"Or should we get a specialist?"

My blood ran cold. I whipped around, "No! Kat there us absolutely no way I'm going to see a specialist! I don't need one!"

Kim chimed in, "What type of specialist would know what she was injected with? We would need someone who is experienced with chemicals and whatnot to help her."

"That's exactly my point. We should get someone who originally worked at the lab, someone who regrets what the did," Kat said, "It could be the only way to help get the chemicals out of her body."

"I am NOT gonna agree to this!" I shouted defiantly.

Kat held a was look in her eye when she glanced at me, "You don't have a choice here Wenny. Its for your own good."

I panicked, "But what if they inject more stuff into me! No freaking way will I go see a 'specialist'!"

Allen placed a hand on my shoulder, "Wenny, think about it. You could get all that stuff out. You could be recognized as a normal human again."

That hit me harder than I thought it would, "So your saying I'm not normal? That I'm a science experiment? A mistake?" I choked out.

Allen's face whitened, "that's not what i meant-"