·ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ·

When I woke up, I was met with excruciating pain. My head throbbed, my legs felt like lead, my arms were numb, and I could barely open my eyes.

My clothes were dry with blood, and memories came rushing back. I could remember the faces, the horror they saw when my knife sliced skin.

Why am I here?.... I thought, laying on the cold floor, am I back in the cell?

I don't think so. This one seems more bigger. Theres a small window and a door!

A door was all I needed to wake up.

But as soon as I sat up, I was stabbed with overwhelming pain, I feel like exploding right now! I struggled to stand up, using the wall as support, like when I was here so long ago....

Oh wait that was only a month ago. I couldn't last that long huh?

I felt the crevices of the door. If I had enough energy, I could easily break it open. The door is made out of wood, that's good. I need something sharp...

The knife?

Its worth a shot...

I imagined the knife in my hand, translucent, powerful. I blinked once, nothing. I tried picturing it again, and I opened my eyes. In my left hand, it was like a torch in the dim-lit room. I stood up straighter, energy coursed through my veins. So this is how it feels to be powerful.

I shredded the door, no problem. The only problem was the men guarding the door. That looked at me, shocked. How could a feeble girl like me tear down a door?

Well I'm not a weak little girl anymore. I'm your average ፕልጕቿክ ዒሁቿቿክ.

(translation: taken queen)

I've been thinking lately, with this power, I could easily influence people under my control. Show these scientists who's boss, and we're set.

In no time, I was wiping blood off my hands. Three bodies splayed on the floor behind me. This is what the world truly is: only the powerful survive.

And the weak die.

I backed up against a corner, listening for the slightest sound. Satisfied, I quickly ran down the long, empty hallway as quietly as I could. I took a sharp right, and was welcomed with a selection of doors to go through. If I just escape, they'll come chasing after me again and again. I need to show them to stop. And that requires some more power.

More chemicals here I come.

Heart pounding, I unlocked a door slowly, unsure what is on the other side. I heard nothing, which was good. Gripping my knife, I slammed the door open to see vials and tubes.

"Wow," I breathed, taking a closer look. There was a blue serum, neatly labeled, Chem. WO7. I picked it up carefully, inspecting it. Calm vibes went down my spine, the roaring sound of rushing water filled my senses.

Power over water, huh? I thought, Better keep this.

But you don't have anything to carry it back.

Thats right....

I looked around for a bag of some sort in the dark room. There weren't any. Fantastic. I looked down at the blue serum, guess I'll have to use it now. Should I inject it or drink it?

Inject.

A shot was on the table. I uncapped the lid and poured the serum inside it. Then, mustering enough courage, I basically stabbed myself with a very sharp needle.