·ɢᴏɴᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ·

I went to sleep that night scared out of my mind. I couldn't sleep, how could I anyways? The threat of my siblings life hang over my head. That's all I could think about, it played again and again in my mind like a repeating voice memo.

I tossed and turned in bed, no matter much Illumina told me it would be ok, the more I doubted it. The universe is unfair, life is unfair, the world is unfair! Humans are greedy, manipulative, and straight up rude. Whats the purpose of living in a world full of hate and injustice?

I stayed up all night. Thinking, plotting. What exactly am I plotting? Well, you'll find out soon enough. Soon.

Don't do it.

Why not? I thought, I have to keep them safe, no matter the cost.

Lunar! Think about your family! Imagine how they will feel if you just left them! If you ran away without saying goodbye!

Then I will say goodbye! Its better anyways! There lives will be in danger if I stay with them!

I sighed and closed my eyes. I have yo leave. No matter what.

What about the promise you made to Funneh? Promises are not meant to be broken, Lunar.

My promise? I promised that I would never let the scientists take me. So technically I'm not breaking it.

I heard a long sigh in my head and assumed that it was Illumina sighing. She remained silent for the rest of the night.

I blinked my eyes drowsily, sleep was taking over. My eyes closed and I was transported into another world.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I find myself mating on a hill. I gazed up at the sky, it was a mix of purple faded into a light orange-pink then into a beautiful gold. I yawned, the air was cool and it felt peaceful. Something I love. Peace and quiet. I stayed still, enjoying the light breeze. If only real life could be like this.

"Its beautiful, huh?"

I heard a voice behind me. I sat up straight and looked behind me. There was a girl my age, maybe a year older. She had black hair faded into cyber aqua and had gray eyes. They seemed filled with knowledge and wisdom. The girl wore a black crop-top and had a gray jacket tied around her waist. She had on black leggings and white sneakers. She gazed into my eyes, as if she was prying out my memories, judging me. Her hair covered her right eye and she smiled warmly.

I sat there, puzzled, "Who are you?" I asked, "And why are you here?"

The girl sighed and sat down next to me, "You don't recognize me?"

Dumbfounded, I tried to remember when I saw this girl.

"You've never seen me, but you've heard my voice," she gave me a hint. After a moment, I gasped.

"Illumina?"

She nodded, "Yep." She looked into the sunset, a warm golden glow bathed her. She seemed like and angel if it wasn't for the dark clothing.

I couldn't believe this was who lived inside my head. She seemed so much like me, but when she's just talking to me.... she seems older. Wiser perhaps.

"You're actually her," I breathed, "You really are."

Illumina gave me a small smile, "Didn't expect this?"

I gave a small laugh, "No, you just seemed so wise."

Illumina looked into the setting sun. It was getting darker, I could tell. "Lunar, do you know why the sunset is so beautiful?" She asked softly.