Raw & True by YanaLanay

I absolutely loved this character-driven story

The author takes us into the minds of several characters, but we start with Marley & Elijah and spend most of our time there.

Oh wait! Let's do some housekeeping.
Raw & True  contains Mature Content & Profanity.

Still, I loved this read because:
1.) It was fun hanging out in Marley's world. She loves hard and is willing to fight for those she loves.

2. ) Elijah holds Marley in such high regard. He sees her as a treasure and treats her like a gem. I was Team Elijah from the moment they met. It was beautiful display of black love at first sight. 

3.) There was no line drawn between family and friend. Friends were as close as sisters and brothers. They did family parties together. They clubbed together. The playful banter was always there. It made me want to be closer to my own family. I LOVED Marley's best friend, Lola. She was brash, beautiful, confident, and crazy all at the same time.

There was a twist in the end that hurt my heart. I won't spill the beans, but if you like urban fiction that has strong notes of love conquers all, then this love story is a must read.

This would have been a binge read if I was able to earn more than 3 wattpad coins a day. Note to wattpad 🤗

Fun bonus: I made a new friend in the comments section. Now, Shine is my Read & Chat friend. We have so much fun chatting about stories out in the comments section. Shout out to Shine. 🌺🌺🌺

Oh, and we met the author in the comments section. Flowers for the author 🌺🌺🌺 YanaLanay mentioned my favorite word: Sequel. Coming in Spring 2020. Shine and I have already RSVP'd. Will you join us?

I just had to write this review to capture my thoughts on the love story that warmed my heart: Raw & True by Yana Lanay.