11

Amy's pov

"Mom, I saw that." Riley said as she took a bite of her eggs.

"You saw what?" I asked as I made my coffee.

"Mark kissed you."

"He did. On my cheek."

"Does that mean that you two are dating?"

"No, I am not ready for anything like that and he knows that. I need to worry about keeping you safe."

"But I am safe!"

I gave her a forced smile, "Eat your food before it gets cold." I said.

"But Mark is super nice!"

"I know he is, but mom is not ready to have a boyfriend. There is a lot that goes into that."

"When will you be ready?"

"Eat your food, now!" I got stern.

She took another bite of her eggs.

"We are going to go to the park today." I said.

"Is Mark and Maddox going to be there?"

"I don't think so."

"Can they?"

"I don't know what they have planned for today, they might be doing something."

"Like going to the park?"

"Riley, please drop it or we are not going." I closed my eyes.

I heard her fork scraping the plate.

"When you are done eating, go get changed." I said as I went into my room closing the door.

I would love to be with Mark. He makes me feel so safe. But with Adam, there is no way in hell I can do that. As soon as Adam finds out about them, he is going to go after them. I am so stupid. I put Maddox and Mark's life at risk. There is no way I can not talk to them, Riley and Maddox are best friends. Maybe we can move again, and I will make sure that I don't get attached to anyone.

"Mom, I am done eating." Riley said from the other side of the door.

"Okay, go get dressed." I said, wiping the tears.

I took a few deep breaths then got changed.

"Mom look!" Riley said as she hung from the monkey bars.

"Look at you go!" I smiled at her.

"You." Aliison said, walking over to me.

"Um, hi." I said.

"Stay away from Mark, he is mine."

"Last time I checked you are dead. Dead people don't get to tell me what to do." I glared at her.

"I will find out about you, I will make it to where you will stay away from Mark."

"Your daughter, the one you almost killed, is best friends with my daughter. There is no way that we will not be seeing each other. We do have play dates."

Her eyes went red.

"Go away." Mark said from behind me.

Maddox ran over to the monkey bars, pulling on Riley's shirt. When Riley looked down and saw Maddox, she jumped down to give her a hug.

"She needs to leave." Aliison said, glaring at me.

"No, you need to leave. I told you that you are to be nowhere near Maddox." Mark said, his voice was rough.