Context

This bit is about some of the stuff in the story that is influenced/ripped from the real world.

The heavenly and hellish yards are obvious; Heaven and Hell. Anyone who lives in a part of the world that ran into Christianity knows about Adam and Eve, the first humans from God, in EC, chosen by the gods aka Seth. But Cain and Abel were the names of BOTH the bible and EC Adam and Eve's kids, who in EC were lucky, as they both died before the bible version kicked in, Cain becoming the first murderer, killing Abel.

The 7 deadly sins, also known as the 7 cardinal Sins are again, a Christian/ Protestant thing. The songs are indeed correct in terms of the order in the bible, but the demise of each sin matches the way the sins are meant to be destroyed/killed in the bible. (Or in my case, referencing Fullmetal Alchemists homunculus deaths due to lack of biblical sources)

Lust is killed by a man. Saterastis gets killed by Karchiss Crim.

Gluttony gets devoured. Banica got eaten, but by herself.

Pride doesn't die per se but continues to live for their own existence. Fitting that Rilliane didn't die but continued to live and await the reunion with Allen, her other half after he died for her.

Sloth overworks themselves to death. Margarita takes her life over her excessive work to help others 'sleep'.

Envy died after realizing they had so much to lose, aka they were focused on what they didn't have, not what they DID have. Kayo was jealous of the happy family the Mirokus had and didn't think about the way her husband Gakusha would feel if he saw her, and the care that Kokutan-douji felt for her, as in her last moments she realized she loved him like a son and would have taken back her crimes to take care of him.

Greed sacrifices themselves for someone they care about. Sounds more like what Allen would do, but Gallerian refused to hand over his money, as for him it would stop him from resurrecting his daughter, even if it meant dying and being sent to hell.

Wrath. Dies by reverting to its base form. Nemesis reverts back to being Levia and kicking off the cycle of the series.

Eater Sabella, seen as Banica Conchita's demon servant, The World-Eater, is actually a Japanese Yokai, called a Gashadokuro. In the mythology, it's also a gigantic skeletal beast, but unlike Eater, are made up of the bones of unburied people who died from starvation. Kind of like what happened to victims of the Gula.

Lich Arklow himself is directly named after a malicious undead creature, often a magician that excels in necromancy. But, in many media, it's often portrayed as a violent forest spirit. Fitting, considering that Lich was reborn from the dead, as a forest spirit and allies himself with demons.

Locations

Lucifenia = Named after Lucifer, the demon of Pride. It is based in France. It contains the city of Lucifenian, and Rolled. Many names, such as Pierrot, and the royal family, the Lucifen d'Autritch family, originate from French words.

Asmodean = Named after Asmodeus, the demon of Lust. Inspired by Great Britain.

Elphagort = Named after Belphagor, the demon of Sloth. It is based in Germany. It contains Merrigold Plateau, Toragay, Acied, Yatsuki Village and Nemu Village.

Marlon = Named after Mammon, the demon of Greed. Inspired by England.

Beelzinia = Named after Beelzebub, the demon of Gluttony, which is a privation of Beelzebub's old name Baal Zebub, who was branded the latter by hateful, etc etc Christians and the like blah blah too much religious history to explain here... Inspired by Ancient Rome.

Levianta = Named after The Leviathan, the demon of Envy. Inspired by Russia. __ The country of Jokaku, inspired by Japan relates to this, due to the Leviathan depicted like a giant sea serpent.

Names

Behemo and Levia come from the Behemoth and the Leviathan, creatures slain by God and fed to heavenly souls in Christian Lore.

The creation of the 4th period could be a reference to Ragnarok, the end of the current world in Norse mythology. It says the world would be destroyed and from the ashes would arrive a new world with a single God taking charge. The God in the story was Balder, Thor's little brother who died on account of Loki. He was supposed to resurrect and become God, with 2 surviving humans who would repopulate. It's obvious, as Michaela, a younger sibling to Lich, is the only God left alive with her powers after the 3rd period was destroyed, and Rilliane and Allen could be the 2 humans, although that is speculation since everyone's souls went to the new world, and Rilliane and Allen can't exactly populate like in the myth, but in ways did, as they were responsible for all souls inhabiting the new world.