Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

It wasn’t until three in the morning when I finally felt comfortable again. Derrick, Maddy, Tallon, the brunette’s name that I can’t remember, and myself are back in the trailer. The main houses lights are off, not that they would come in here anyway. 

“Now that business is over, time to let loose.” Derrick says loudly with his fists in the air. Business?

“Derrick.” Maddy gives him a hushed tone. These people are so weird. Even Tallon, who hasn’t spoken to me since walking me out of The Mansion, once again, hand in hand. He’s only given me nonchalant looks, that I can’t even tell if he’s meaning to do.

“I’ll take a beer.” I raise my hand to just stifle the weirdness.

“Great.” She smiles. Her double life is just that. A double life. Which person is she really, though?

Everyone gets their drinks and we talk about what normal people our age would usually talk about. The brunette, who I think is named Brooke, or Belle, or something, sits abnormally close to Tallon. Once again, it goes unnoticed by him. He doesn’t look at me again. 

The next morning comes with a headache. I walk into the living room to start a pot of coffee and take an advil. Everyone is still asleep, except for Tallon, of course. But I don’t feel like talking. This is the time that Emily and I would usually be kicking people out, and I suspect Maddy will do just that when she wakes up.

“Sleep good?” He asks, oh so casually. 

I watch the coffee pot fill and barely glance at him. “Like a baby.” He smirks that same smirk from last night and I can’t help but give a small smile. “Are you going to talk to me about last night?” I obviously can’t help myself.

His grin is gone, along with his politeness I’m guessing. “What about it? It was just a kiss, a distraction, actually.” 

“Obviously,” I glance at the sleeping Brooke, “I’m not talking about that.” 

Suddenly his posture changes and he’s shaking his head no. “I was just trying to help out. Don’t make a big deal out of nothing.” He shrugs.

“Nothing?” I question him. Slamming me up against a wall was nothing? Telling me to stay away was nothing? Maddy saying he needed to keep his mouth shut was nothing? Which I obviously didn't tell him about. But instead, I reply, “Okay,” take a sip of my coffee, and saunter back off to my room.

I collect a towel, cloth, my toiletries, and head to the bathroom that evidently everyone feels they are allowed to use. I look into the mirror, taking my reflection in. My long brown waves are a mess and tangled. My green eyes hold black liner under them, along with the bags from last nights overkill. I need to find another drink other than whiskey. 

I get the water extra hot and step inside. Once again, it feels amazing as it runs down my body. I love it, but it never lasts long enough. After wrapping the towel and opening the door, I get the unfortunate luxury of seeing Derrick. 

“Hey there, Sweet Thing, wanna give me another show?” His eyebrows dance back and forth, but before I can respond, Tallon already has.

“No, she doesn’t.” His answer is firm and announced as he glances at me from head to toe. 

“I don’t need you to answer for me.” I counter back at him with my eyebrows raised. What’s his problem, anyway? He doesn’t want to talk, but he does?