Chapter 11-

CHAPTER 11- TALLON

I have no idea what I’m doing. I shouldn’t be here, lying in bed with this beautiful girl. I never do this. It’s not me. Ever since I turned around the age of 17 maybe, relationships weren’t for me. I finally saw monogamy clearly for what it was: a waste of time. Relationships are pointless. Carol, Kayla, hell I can’t even remember her name, was my last girlfriend. I cheated on her. She cheated on me. It was inevitable. No one should stick with being with one person for the rest of their lives. It’s boring.

Yet I lay here, with Hailey. I should leave, but it’s like a magnetic force that draws me to her, like I can’t stay away. Corny as hell. I sound like some stupid poet. The moment I saw her standing in that kitchen I thought she was just like all the rest. And she still might be. I don’t know. A mystery is what she is. 

Usually girls like her swoon over me. I don’t even have to try. It’s almost comical at how desperate they are, Maddy included. I had my way with her the night I met her. She was a slut, still is. And poor Brooke. She’s a pure case of crazy. She will literally do anything for attention and a good fix. I slept with her too. That will for sure as hell not ever happen again. As soon as I entered her I was done. I didn’t even say anything. I just got up and left. Yet, still to this day she tries.

Hailey is sleeping now. She was so drunk. It was actually quite cute. What am I thinking? I don’t even use the word “cute” in my vocabulary. I should leave. I could go sleep on the couch. I can’t find myself moving, though. The thought of Derrick coming into her room at night almost brings me over the edge.

I couldn’t believe how mad I had gotten when I saw her with him on the couch. Alone. Her feet propped up on him as if they were the closest mates ever. She has no idea who he is. She has no idea who I am. She’s so innocent and completely ignorant of the things around her, and I have to keep it that way. I can’t let Chuck or anyone else get to her. She’s too special, and I have no idea why.

When I saw her body that day in the kitchen, in nothing but a bra and panties, I knew just how strong and confident this woman was. Everyone looked at her, myself included. But how could they not? She’s beautiful. I distinctly remember a tattoo on her side, her foot, and arm. I wonder where the other two are. 

She’s making me go mad. Completely and utterly insane. She’s confusing the hell out of me, and I have no idea why. I had to tell myself over and over that she’s just some girl. But she’s not, she’s anything but that. I still don’t believe in love, but maybe I could have a somewhat kind of relationship. Again, what am I thinking? I can’t. It just doesn’t happen in my world, not now. I just need to keep her away from The Mansion, and Derrick also. I won't let her be a part of their world. My world. 

I wake up at 5a.m.. It’s nothing new for me. I rarely sleep in late. I start the part of coffee, knowing Hailey will want a cup. It’s Monday. Everyone will leave today and Maddy has classes, so I don’t need to be her. She will be alright, and Derrick won’t be here to “keep her company” again. I clench my teeth at the thought. I quickly program her number on my phone while she’s sleeping. She doesn’t need to know. If I need to get a hold of her I will. And with that, I pull against my magnetic force, winning this time…

****Thank you guys for reading! Please vote!