05. Bake Together

[Dick - 12; Wally - 14]

"I don't know," whispered Dick as Wally pulled him down the long hallways of the manor. "Alfred doesn't like it if someone messes with the kitchen." "Relax, D. You were the one who wanted to bake", Wally said. Dick didn't say anything and simply let the excited speedster pull him along.
It was true, after all.

Ever since their first sleepover, Wally began to stay over a lot. They had a great time and had gone to bed, when Dick woke up from a dream, badly shaken up. It wasn't that it was a bad dream, it was a good dream, a dream about the circus and his parents.
It was such a nice dream, it left Dick in tears and a heavy case of homesickness.
Seeing the younger boy who became such an important person in his life, Wally was determined to cheer the little bird up. Wally pushed Dick to talk about it and when he heard how Dick felt homesick, suggested that they could do something from when Dick was still in the circus.

After much prodding, Dick brought out an old book wordlessly. When Wally asked, he only said that it used to be one of his mother's cookbooks.
It was filled with Romany recipes, which his mother used to cook, and had some of Dick's favourite dishes in it.
The speedster quickly latched onto that and pulled the bird off, towards the kitchen.

Wally was excited to try bake something from it and hopefully distracting the other, whilst Dick was still hesitant and unsure if it was that much of a good idea.

Arriving at the kitchen, Wally began to set up the utensils and looked at the ebony expectantly. Dick stood aside, watching the redhead, before giving in and looking through the book for a recipe. Seeing a familiar Name, Dick turned and showed Wally the page. "We could make Tart if you want. It has few ingredients and takes under an hour."
Wally licked his lips in anticipation. "When do I not want food." The younger rolled his eyes but said nothing. 

Once they got everything set, they began to bake when Wally noticed something. "Dude, this isn't English," he said while pointing at the book. Dick shrugged. "My mom used to preferred to buy cookbooks in Romani or Romanian."
"How are we supposed to bake like this?!", Wally whined. "You're overreacting," Dick laughed and hit Wally with a wooden spoon, the scandalized 'Dude!' was left ignored. "You either have to learn Romani or trust me, and I don't think you have the patience for the former."
Wally huffed, "Just you wait. One day I'm gonna wow you with my Romani so much, you're gonna be swooning at my skills!"
Dick crackled, amused at the speedsters confidence. "I'll be the judge of that."

"