Chapter 4

Is it possible to fall in love with somebody even though you’ve only known them for less than a day?

If it is, then God help me, because I’m falling head over heels for this famous singer who’s taking me out for coffee.

“So Yoona,” Kris said as we continued to walk toward whatever coffee house in Gangnam that he had in mind. “How old are you?”

I laughed. “I’m twenty.”

Kris nodded. “So am I.”

“No way!” I giggled sarcastically. “I wouldn’t have known from all of the posters and magazines that I have read about-” I stopped abruptly and mentally face-palmed.

“So you’re telling me that you aren’t one of my crazed fans but you read my fan magazines,” Kris smirked.

“I told you I loved your band,” I pointed out, swatting his arm. “But I also told you that I wasn’t the type to spaz out over you. Don’t worry. I don’t plan on carrying a huge sign around Gangnam with your name on it vividly searching the streets for you. That’s just not how I roll.”

He let out a dramatic and fake sigh of relief. “Glad to know that. Because I was worried that you would randomly pull a bright sign out of your bag and scream ‘HEY EVERYBODY! IT’S KRIS WU’ to the world.”

I shrugged. “You never know. I am a girl of many trades.”

He glared at me and I stuck my tongue out at him, enjoying our bantering.

We laughed and I said, “So, not that I don’t like walking for hours on end in the cold, but how far is this coffee shop that we are going to?”

“It’s just around this corner up here.” Kris pointed.

I smiled and jumped up and down. “Good! Because I’m hungry!”

Kris chuckled. “Given the choice between a Big Mac and a rice cake, which one would you choose?”

I spoke without hesitation or pausing, I mean, the answer is sooo simple. “Rice cake.”

He raised an eyebrow. “And are you being completely honest?”

“Yes,” I said questionably, “Why?”

“Nothing, nothing.” Kris said while lightly shaking his head. “Skinny jeans or skirts?”

I stopped and shook my leg at him. “Isn’t it obvious? SKINNY JEANS!!!” I laughed. “In the winter at least. In the summer, I wear shorts. I would wear a skirt unless I absolutely had to or if it were a formal occasion.” I stated thoughtfully.

“Converse or high heels?”

“Converse. I hate heels so much!” I said quickly and then I thoughtfully added, “but I do like these lace up boots.”

Kris laughed. “Good answers.”

“What’s up with all these random questions?” I asked curiously.

He shrugged. “I just want to get to know you better, Yoona.”

“Fine. But now it’s my turn.” I winked.

“Do your worst.” Kris raised his eyebrows.

“Uh, favorite color?” I asked.

Kris motioned to his attire. “Uh...black?” he stated.

I rolled my eyes. “Favorite genre of song?”

“Probably pop, he shrugged. “But not like the weird and synthesized kind of pop. you know what I mean? I like the type of music that we sing.”