Chapter 1 : Voicemail

Alex has everything: perfect life, boyfriend, hair, clothes, grades, and body, but she soon starts to question whether or not she truly does have a perfect life.
..............................................................
*Alex's pov*

I awoke to the mixed sounds of branches scratching my window, the sky crying, and a knocking at my bedroom door. I look at my clock to see that the time reads 9:13 am. Ugh, it's too early for this!

I lazily get up and go to my closet. I search until I find the perfect outfit. (Result is the Picture)

The knocking on my door still hadn't ceased. By this point it had started to get annoying, so I open the door to see the last person on Earth I wanted to see, Greggory Mitchell.

He's all around bad boy and hotter than fire. He has girls dropping at his feet, and the only one he's concerned about winning over is the only one he can't. Me.

"What do you want, Greg?" This better be good.

"You look stunning, today. How've ya been, baby?"

Oh my gosh! You have seriously got to be kidding me!

"We've discussed this. I'm not yours, we're not dating, and you don't call me 'baby', 'babe', or anything even remotely similar. Got it?"

Dang, I just got up and this boy is trying to eat away my patience.

"Feisty. I like it." He never stops!

I just roll my eyes at him and shut the door. I don't have time for this. Wait a minute, how'd he get in here, know where my room was, and -- "Mom!!"

"Come down here, honey, I'm fixin' breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, and hasbrown, your favorite."

"Alright! Be right down."

Greg ended up joining us for breakfast for some reason, and I'm not gonna lie, he shocked me big time. He was actually polite and gentleman-like. It was really weird.

After breakfast, I went upstairs to my room, and checked my phone. 2 missed calls, 5 texts, 1 voicemail, and a ton of social media notifications.

After texting everybody back, I  go to the calls and saw one from Greg and one from an unknown number.

I won't bother calling Greg back, he's here so there's no need to. Then, as I clicked on the voicemail, I don't know what I was expecting, but whatever it was, I doubt it was what I heard.

"You're parents are dead, and I know the story. Wanna find out? Meet me at the main store @ 5pm. Don't be late."

It wasn't a voice I recognized but it still felt weird when I heard it. I don't know who this person is, but I'm pretty sure they have the wrong number.

My parents aren't dead, and there's no story. Should I meet them? If nothing else, I can kindly explain to them that they have the wrong number. That or get kidnapped. Im not sure, but it's just now 12:30 pm, so I have plenty of time to decide.