Chapter 2

Darryl POV

"Okay so, me and Vincent have known each other for a while." Zelk explained, "We met after he accidentally read my mind, and saw that I have powers."

"Wait what's everyone's power?" Zak asked me, because he missed out on our conversation earlier.

I explained everyone's powers including mine. When I said Zelk's he didn't like it very much.

I heard him scoff, "Lame."

"Hey don't be rude." I exclaimed.

He rose his hands up, "Okay okay, sorry."

I focused back on Zelk as he continued, "-realized that something wasn't right. There's something going on throughout the world."

Vincent nodded, "Its spread across the Middle East and is moving fast."

"We don't have much information because most of it is classified." Zelk said.

"Is it some sort of sickness?" I asked.

"No, we think it's something man made." Zelk said, "Probably run by one person in specific."

"And who's that?" Dave asked.

"We're not sure." Vincent said.

"So why's you call us?" Finn asked.

"We need to stop whatever's happening before it's too late." Zelk said.

Suddenly Zak took a step back, "No, nope, no way, I'm not doing this."

"What?" Finn asked.

"I'm not doing this whole 'saving the world' thing." He said, "I'd rather just stay at home and do my thing."

"No, we need you." Zelk said, "You're one of the only one of us with lethal powers."

"I don't care." Zak said, "I'm leaving."

He turned and began walking away, "You guys can do this on your own."

"Zak, wait!" I exclaimed.

He simply ignored me and kept walking.

Vincent walked up to Zak and grabbed his arm, "You can't leave."

Zak yanked his arm away from Vincent, "Yes I can, and I will."

He turned back around and kept walking. I watched as Techno stuck out his hand and Zak was pulled backwards, almost falling.

"I said leave me alone!" Zak screamed.

He whipped around and a bolt of lightning shot out from his hand, strait towards Techno. It struck Techno in the arm and caused him to fall back. I quickly ran over to Techno and looked at the wound. There was a scar covering his arm, bleeding badly.

I placed my hand over the wound and felt Techno flinch.

"This might hurt a little." I whispered.

I closed my eyes and concentrated, I heard Techno groan and shift slightly. I opened my eyes and the wound was now gone, healed. Techno smiled at me before standing up slowly, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, I'm glad I could help." I said. Everyone else crowded around Techno, seeing if he was alright.

After I dealt with him I quickly turned around to see where Zak was. I spotted him sitting on the floor, knees pulled up to his chest. He was staring at his hands as he created sparks of electricity.

I approached him carefully, "Are you okay?"

He didn't reply so I sat down next to him, "What happened?"

Zak stared down at the floor, ignoring me.

"Zak, look at me." I said sternly.

He looked up at me and I quickly noticed there were tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said, "I can't control it, I didn't mean to."

"What do you mean you can't control it?" I asked him.

"When I get mad, it just happens, even if I don't want it to." Zak replied, looking back down at the floor, "Is Techno okay?"

"Yeah, he's okay." I said, "Is there no way for you to stop it?"

"Not really." He said, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I replied, "It's not your fault."

I hesitated before pulling him into a hug. He flinched at first but soon adjusted, I pulled away and stood up.

"Let's go back to the others." I said.

He nodded before standing and following me. We walked over to the others and they all stared at us.

Zak POV

I watched as Darryl walked over to the others, probably explaining what happened.

I'm such an idiot, I've barely known these people for an hour and I almost killed one of them. Thank god Darryl was here, or it could've ended badly. I don't want it to happen again, what I did to my parents-

"Zak!"

I flinched and looked up at everyone, they were all staring at me.

"Sorry, I blanked out for a second." I said before walking over to them.

I looked over at Techno, "I'm so sorry, dude."

"It's okay, you couldn't have stopped it." Techno said giving me a reassuring smile.