Chapter 7

Darryl POV

I sat down on the couch next to Zak. I searched his face to see if I could find any emotion, but there was nothing there.

"So what do you want?" He asked.

I sighed, "First I want to apolo-"

"Shut up Darryl." He said, "You've apologized like 20 times today, and I don't need another one."

"Okay, I'm sorry." I said, trying to change the subject, "Let's play 20 questions."

"Why would we play that?" He asked me.

"Because we can get to know each other more." I replied, "If you don't want to answer a question you can say pass."

"Okay then, I'll go first." He said, "When did you realize you had powers?"

"I think it was when I was 14." I replied.

"How couldn't you figure it out earlier?" He asked.

I smiled, "You can't ask another question, it's my turn."

"How did you find out you had powers?" I asked.

"Pass."

"Oh come on, it's an easy question." I complained.

"I said, pass, so stop." He replied.

"Fine, I'll ask something else." I said, "Who do you live with?"

"My sister." He replied, "My turn."

"Okay now, how didn't you figure it out earlier?" He repeated.

"It's kind of hard to figure out healing powers because it's one of those things that you need to focus to be able to do it." I replied.

I stood up, "I'm going to go get some water real quick, do you want anything?"

He shook his head so I nodded and walked away.

*woosh*

I finally found where Zelk put all the water bottles, so after 5 minutes I walked back into the room Zak was in. I stopped in the door way at the sight in front of me.

Zak was laying there, now asleep, with his hood over his head and his sleeves covering his hands.

Oh my goodness, he's so cute.

Wait what?

No, he's not cute, I'm just tired.

I walked out of the room quietly and came back in with two blankets. I put one over Zak, before laying down as well, falling asleep.