15

Tired body, broken heart, and tormented soul. Jodi went inside the bathroom, took her clothes off and let the water from the shower cover her whole body. She feel so weak that she can't even stop herself from crying. After taking a shower, she wrapped herself with a towel and went to her room. She changed to her pajamas and a comfortable shirt. Lying down on her soft bed, with her soft pillows and favorite blanket can't even ease the pain that she feels. Everything is over. She doesn't want to see him anymore. She doesn't want to think of him anymore. She just wanted to forget everything about him. She just want to stop loving him.

‐------------

"I should've stayed in bed, this headache is killing me" Tae complained while the 7 of them are inside the elevator. It was almost 11 in the morning when they arrived in the office. They all have hang over of what has happened at the club.

"Stop complaining, I got big bruise on ny tummy because of that slut" Jimin said remembering how painful it was.

Yoongi was quiet since they got home. Everytime the scene replays in his mind, he just can't help but feel confused with how he should feel. She called her heartless and monster, but for some reason he's not upset about it. Maybe because he deserves it for what he did. He wanted to prove that she's a slut, but he doesn't want to hurt her. Maybe he was wrong about her. Maybe he doesn't really hate her.

As he come near his office, Agnes stood up with a smile ready to greet him. He look inside the room through the glass door and was surprised not to see Jodi on her table.

"Good morning, sir" Agnes greeted him.

"Is Ms. Lee going to be absent today?" He asked and Agnes hands him a folder. "What's this?"

"Ms. Lee's resignation letter. She's filing an immediate resignation"

"What?!" Yoongi was obviously shocked. Yoongi read the letter and it said that she's leaving because she needs more time for her studies. Which he knows that it's not true.

"Mr. Min, are you going to let her go?" Agnes' question snaps him out of his thought.

"Why would I let her go?" 

"Because she doesn't want to work here anymore, that's what she said. Now, are you going to just let her go? Or are we going to implement the bond as stated in her contract?"

"Yes" he immediately answers. It's something that they don't strictly implement. But he will do anything to make Jodi stay.

"Okay, I'll tell her about the bond"

"Wait, is she here?" Headache, hang over, and not having enough sleep. Yoongi can't think straight. He's so confused why everything is happening all of a sudden.

"Yes, I told her to wait at the conference room"

"I'll talk to her" he left ignoring Agnes who's calling him. He has a lot of questions that he needs an answer. He slowly opens the door and saw Jodi, at the same spot where he first saw her. He closes the door which sound made Jodi turn and see him. He placed the folder on the table. His feet takes him closer to her and his arms wrapped around her shoulders. He doesn't know how to start. He just wanted to feel her next to him. She's his sanctuary, his felicity. But today it feels different.

Jodi pull herself out of his arms. Her eyes are swollen and red as if she cried all night and didn't sleep even a wink. "Don't touch me" she said with weak and shaking voice.

"Baby what's wrong?" His anxiety increases as her eyes looks at him so cold and sad. "Baby why are you leaving? Please tell me the truth"

"I don't want to see you anymore" Jodi hold back the tears flooding her eyes. "Please, just let me leave"

"Why? What did I do to upset you? Why are you suddenly dropping me?"

"This will never work out. I'm will never be the girl that you want me to be. Trust me, you'll hate me and all of this will just be a waste of time" Jodi's tears run down her cheeks. Her heart is about to explode with anger, sadness, and love that she's trying to ignore.

"Why will I hate you? I love you so much that what's happening right now is hurting me" Yoongi tried to come closer to her but she step back. "Baby let's talk about it. We can still fix this together. We..." Jodi cut him off.

"There's no 'we' hyung. I'm doing you a favor. Let me leave and just forget about me"

"I told you I love you. I don't understand why you're acting like this. We were okay when we last saw each other"

"I said I want to leave"

"You can leave, but you have to pay the bond as stated in your contract. Since your tenureship is less than 6 months, you have to pay 10 times of the salary you have received on your stay here. It is written in the contract that you signed"

Jodi reviewed her contract so she is aware of the bond. She knew she doesn't have the money to pay him back, but she will still leave no matter what. "Then fire me"

"I wont do that. Baby please tell me what's wrong?" Yoongi appealed but Jodi already made up her mind.

"I will not go to work. You better fire me now or you'll do it eventually anyway"

"Jodi, what did I do to deserve this? Did I hurt you in anyway? Did I say something that made you mad? Please baby tell me because I'm so lost at what's going on right now"

"I'm sorry, but I have to go" then she left with Yoongi unable to move from where he's standing. He's too tired to think about everything that happening.

----------

A week has passed, Jodi never showed up for work. Yoongi calls and texts her everyday but she never answer. He even went to her school but her friends said that she always leave early. He also went to her apartment but it's either she's not home or she just wont open the door. Yoongi doesn't want to give up, but he doesn't know what else to do. He is so stressed out with everything that's going on between him and Jodi.

"Hyung, if you really want to know the reason she left then you should hire Kai" Jungkook suggested.

"The private investigator?"

"Yeah, you said she wont tell you then you should find out the truth yourself" Jungkook added.

"That's not a bad idea. Since you like her that much, it's also a good way to know her better" Taehyung said while they are having dinner.

"You guys make sure you wont mess up this time like what happened in the club with that Butterfly girl" Jin was a bit worried.

"Fuck, hyung don't ever mention that name" Jimin rubs his tummy where she kicked him that night. Remembering how painful it was made him hate her more.

"Forget about that club girl. I'll talk to Kai later. I'll do this because I don't want to lose Jodi" Yoongi's focus is to bring Jodi back to his life.

"I never see Yoongi hyung like this. Jodi must be special" Namjoon commented.

That same night, Yoongi talked to Kai and hired him to follow Jodi. He sent Jodi's information to Kai thru email. Kai will look after Jodi's 24/7 activities. All he wanted is know what made Jodi changed her mind and feelings for him. He wanted to fix everything between them. He treasure Jodi so much that he wont give up on her that easy.

Kai is a well known detective. The boys hires him to do background check of their clients to secure their business. Kai never failed them so they trust him so well. He missed her so much, everything about her. He hopes thing will work out for the better.