30-Final

***One month later***

"Do you like wine?"

"I like cold beer"

"But you don't have beer here in your room, Yoongi baby"

"Then get some beer in the kitchen down stairs" Yoongi sits in the middle of his bed wearing only his boxers.

The woman crawls next to him, wraps Yoongi's arm around her shoulders, and cuddle on his chest.

"But I'm still naked. Do you really want me to go out of your room looking like this, baby?" She planted soft kisses to his bare chest.

"Ofcourse not"

Yoongi trails his fingers to her cheek, down to her chin, and lifted her face to make her look at him.

"I want you to get dressed, go out of my room..." he removed his arms on her shoulders and pushed her body away from him, "... and leave this house. I don't want to see you anymore. Got it?"

"Oh, I see this is one of those 'FUCK AND GO' kind of thing that you do" she said.

"Maybe"

"Fine" she got off the the bed to get dressed. "So, I guess I'll see you in the next board meeting? Dad will be glad to hear your report about our new client"

"You think so?"

"Why not? We worked hard to get that deal done you dumbass. And we need to work harder to keep their business to ours"

"We got the perfect plan for it. You don't have to worry, Kate"

She walks back to the bed and kissed Yoongi's soft lips. "I'm not worried at all, I trust you baby" she smile while looking at Yoongi's eyes who looks back at him though his mind is, obviously, somewhere else. "Bye baby"

She closed the door and left Yoongi alone. He looks at the frame on the wall facing him. The thing that always reminds him of his greatest mistake.  The thing that reminds him of the love that he lost.

Two weeks ago the package was delivered in his office. It was a gift... from Jodi. It the painting that she made for her final project. Jodi drew Yoongi sitting on a bench in a park. He's looking at the little butterfly on his hand that seems to be ready to fly away.

"Sometimes the smallest, and simplest things are the most magical that can bring us happiness"

Those words are written on the bottom left of the painting. Sometimes he asks if Jodi can predict the future. Indeed, it was serendipity that brings them together. He just wished he knew better than to be selfish and arrogant. Like the little butterfly on her painting, Jodi needs to fly and explore the world in order to grow and fulfill its worth.

"I miss you my butterfly. I'll wait until you return to me" Yoongi silently cry alone in solitude. Healing do takes time. Until then, he'll keep his sorrow on his own and live on every tomorrow that comes his way.

*****

"Green or yellow?"

"How about a light shade of blue?"

"Okay, I'll tell them to paint your office with a lighter shade of blue. So, three of your works will be featured this month? I must say I'm really impressed"

Jodi shyly smile, "yeah, I didn't expect that to happen" Jodi tap her tummy with her hand and groans lightly.

"Having an upset stomach again? Did you go to the doctor to have it checked?"

"Yes, she actually texted me to go there to get the lab results"

"Well I'm free after work, can I go with you?"

"You don't really have to come with me, Mark. I'll be okay"

"I insist, then we can have dinner together. My treat" he smile.

"Deal!" Jodi got excited.

Mark has been her friend since her first day at work. He's been with the company for 2 years and Jodi is his trainee. He's a good mentor, and friend to Jodi. They went together to the hospital after their shift. They waited for few minutes before the doctor arrives holding an envelope.

"How are you feeling Ms. Lee?" The lady doctor greeted.

"I'm fine but my tummy acts strange lately. I don't understand what's causing it"

"Are you having morning sickness? Do you sometimes feel like throwing up even on an empty stomach? " The doctor asks.

"I do. Am I sick?" Jodi sounds worried but the doctor chuckles which made her  confused. "Why? What's wrong with me?"

"Everything you feel is all normal" Jodi and Mark looked at each other before turning to her. "Congratulations, you're pregnant"

"That's... I'm what? But I had injectable contraceptive that should be good until next month. I can't be pregnant" her heart raced like crazy.

"I actually checked the records that you showed me, the one that was made by your gynecologist. It seems that you were given protection for a month instead of 3 months"

"Oh god" she felt Mark's palm brushing her back to calm her down. "So, I'm really pregnant?"

"I made the list of the vitamins that you need to take. Please don't stress out yourself too much. You may feel a lot of stuff but don't worry, everything will be okay"

Jodi took the envelope that the doctor gave her. Everything seems so unreal for her. So many thoughts are running in her mind, and Yoongi is one of them.

"We would need to schedule a monthly check up for you. I'll take care of you and your baby. But for now let's get you to a transvaginal ultrasound to check the little bean inside you"

Jodi nods and look at Mark, "I'm so confused right now" she said.

"It's okay, we can talk later. I promise I'll be here for you" he smile.

"Ms. Lee, ready to have your first look at your baby?" The doctor asks.

Jodi's eyes are pooling with tears but not because she's sad. She's worried because this will be a new chapter of her life being a woman, but she's excited as well knowing she will never be alone anymore. "Yes, I want to see my baby".

**********************************

Thank you so much __YAZZY__ 💜💜💜 🥰😘

See you in book 2.

Please show love to "The Bomb" as well. Thanks again💜💜💜