xxiv

*click*

the polaroid prints out of the camera.

he carefully takes it out, waiting for it to dry as he then readjusts his camera, angling it as he snaps another photo.

*click*

and another.

*click*

and another.

*click*

and another.

and another until he had a whole pile of polaroids scattered all of his body.

"you've got to stop this shuichi.", a male voice calls out from behind him. the navy-haired male freezes in place, slowly craning his head as he meets eye to eye with infamous delinquent kaito momota.

shuichi gives him a small smile, holding his head as he lets out a laugh. "call me insane kaito but i love to see the fear in ko's eyes."

"you really are insane."

"and all the best people are."

"but seriously though, if you actually loved him, you wouldn't be scaring the living shit out of him.", kaito tries to reason but shuichi could only snicker.

"i've already had this conversation so many times.. but i show my affection differently from you all..", shuichi says as he bends down tl pick up the polaroids, putting them into his bag. he glances back up and frowns. "what a shame.. kokichi is already gone.."

"and it's good that he's gone from someone as fucked up as you.", kaito spat, stepping closer towards to him. "how do you feel shuichi? now that the entire school knows you as some sort of freak, does it make you feel any happier?"

"i could care less.. it started with me wanting attention and dating every girl in the school, crushing their hearts because i liked seeing them hurt..", his eyes dart the grass before looking back up, glaring into the taller's eyes. "we're quite alike kaito, don't you think?"

kaito staggers back, shaking his head as he clenches his fist. "we are not one and we will never be. you and i, we're different. at least i can respect people's boundaries and know when enough is enough."

"you've changed.. is this because of maki?"

"you have no right to talk about my maki roll.", kaito sneers and shuichi stands on his feet with a sinister smile.

"this was a pleasant chat kaito but i have someone to catch. i wouldn't want to be distracted by an idiot like you.", shuichi says, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"you're just going to ignore me?!"

"i hope you have a good day.", shucihi continues as he begins to walk off.

kaito grits his teeth but he lets out a sigh, he stands in place and watches as shuichi walks into the sunset.

he wanted to know what happened to his best friend.