Chapter 8

I passed my online driver's course. mom was like "aren't you excited???" and I just shrugged bc bro I don't know and she goes "you look terrified" gee thank

comment/vote/share (I want feedback!!)

So warm... Ugh, was it morning already? I'll stay just five more minutes... I snuggled down into the blankets, pulling myself closer against my bedmate.

Wait, wh- Huh? Fuck, how drunk was I last night?! I opened my eyes to see dark, almost-curly hair in front of my face. A warm body was hugged close to me. My arms were around their waist, holding them protectively. We were fully clothed, if it wasn't sex, what happened? 

Then I realized that I was holding Frank.

Oh shit! My eyes practically bugged out of my head and I gasped. I lifted up to halfway lean on my elbow, looking down at him. I fell asleep with him after my nightmare, and this... spooning thing happened in the middle of the night. It was cold- we moved together for warmth. 

I was trying to figure out how to get away without waking him when his eyes fluttered open. He frowned, closing his eyes again, but he was awake. His hand gently touched mine under the blankets and his eyes blinked wide open in surprise.

Do you think it's too late for me to move?

He was frozen, looking off toward the window curtains that were swaying with the breeze from the overhead fan. I think he was aware I was awake too, but neither of us spoke. My arms were still tight around him and his hand was still on mine, his back to my chest, but we stayed silent.

Finally, he turned to lay on his back and looked up at me. We were mere inches apart from each other. For a long moment, we just stared. And it wasn't an awkward staring, we were just looking at each other.

His mouth opened slightly, and his eyes lingered on my lips before coming up to find mine. I glanced down to his mouth and felt the almost overwhelming urge to...

Under the blanket, his hand on mine moved, his fingers brushed over mine, and somehow that touch pulled me from my trance. My eyes snapped back up to his and something in my mind suddenly snapped into full force.

So I kissed him, and he kissed me back instantly.

I lifted my hand from the blankets fast and cupped his face, and he wrapped his arms around me, pushing into the kiss forcefully.

This wasn't at all the same as when we'd had sex. This wasn't lust for fucking's sake, this was different. There was something alive in this between us. I wanted to kiss him. I needed to kiss him.

With my other hand, I pushed myself up to lean over him, and he moved underneath me, reaching up and burying his fingers into my hair.

Sliding one of my hands underneath him, I pulled him up against me. He moaned softly at the contact and pulled me further down on top of him with his hands on my back.

Wait, what?! 

I gasped and pulled away, looking down at him. We were both breathing heavily, staring at each other with wide eyes.

And man, I was off of him so fast. I pushed away from him, landing at the foot of the bed, breathless. I stood up from the bed, heaving for breaths. Fuck. What did I just do?!

He stood up too, and he could tell I was freaking out. "Gerard-"

"No. No." I turned, shaking my head quickly, and stumbled back into the bathroom, closing and locking the door between us. He didn't try to follow or stop me.