Chapter 3-Suspects Part One

Japan shifted from one foot to the other, waiting for his friends to answer. It was a beautiful spring day, birds are singing, flowers are blooming, children are playing in the nearby park, the sun rose high up in the sky without a cloud in sight. Japan observing the scenery around him and started forgetting about his troubles. He smiled brightly and looked back at the door, suddenly remembering why he was here. As soon as it came, his smile washed away in a sea of depression. He looked down at the list of information and names, now written in English, as the door opened to a somewhat cheerful Kiwi. New Zealand hugged Japan and invited him inside, where Germany and Liechtenstein were sitting at a table. Liechtenstein was helping Germany with cuts and bruises all along his body. Japan turned to New Zealand.

"Again?" He whispered loud enough for New Zealand to hear. "It really happened again."

"Yes. This time was apparently the worst one." New Zealand replied with the same volume.

"たわごと (Tawagoto—Shit). What happened?"

"I don't know, maybe you can ask Germany or Liechtenstein."

Germany looked up and saw them talking to each other. He smiled a bit and started talking to his uncle about them. Liechtenstein poked his head up and laughed a bit. He ruffled Germany's hair and walked up to them, them not realising that he's coming. New Zealand looked over his shoulder and jump a bit. Japan turned around laughing.

"Nice for you to drop in, Japan." Liechtenstein laughed. "Or do I already know why your here?"

"I chose number two." Joked Japan, looking over at Germany. "What happened to ドイツ (Doitsu—Germany) by the way?"

"What do you think." Liechtenstein said, raising an eyebrow. 

"リヒテンシュタイン (Rihitenshutain—Liechtenstein), I'm actually worried. Can you tell me what happened, please?"

Liechtenstein took a deep breath and said, "later. Now, let's discuss what's going to happen since you found suspects."

Japan nodded and they both went to the table, realising New Zealand slipped away to help bandage up Germany. Liechtenstein smiled and started talking to Germany in German. Germany just nodded and went to a different room. Japan took a seat, pulled out multiple sheets of paper and laid them all out so everyone could see. 

"As you can see," he started. "I've done some more people since we last meet. I thought that we should try some other people who are connect to our main suspects to see more stories. So here is everyone."

New Zealand and Liechtenstein quickly read the papers and gestured for him to continue.

"What I thought is we could interview them and see if they're suspicious or not. I have three notepads and three pencils and pens so you can record notes. Ask not so suspicious questions for our most suspicious suspects; all of them are on this page." Japan pointed to a piece of paper labeled '1.' He continued: "if we split the people up as evenly as possible and get enough information, this would make our job easier, ok."

They nodded.

"Good. Any questions."

No one answered.

"Ok, so here's the list for ジーア (Jīa—Zea)..."

After half an hour of selection and Liechtenstein complaining a bit, they all got their suspect. Japan looked back at them a gave a small sigh.

"If something goes wrong, especially with the suspicious ones, I just have a question for you. Do you know self-defence or how to protect yourself?"