𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 - 𝙕𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙝

His skinny, long pale legs dangled off the rusty bed, his back against the dark wall, and his head hidden under his hood. Flattened out brown locks against his forehead, his eyes closed and nothing but deep breaths.

They said that today, he could get out if he behaved. He did. No one has visited him yet. At least not since the sun had risen, though it was gone now. Hidden underground. His 'dinner' was left in the corner of the big square room, to rot. He didn't feel like eating. It tasted like nothing anyway. So why eat?

A knock on the heavy metal door made him look towards the door. Two people walked in, greeted by smelling food and heavy dust. They talked for a bit before one left and the other stayed until the door was slammed closed. The person slowly came up to him. He didn't move a muscle. He wasn't surprised if it was one of those who forced him to eat.

"Hey..." a soft voice spoke. Small echoes ringed in the room. He looked up and didn't expect his boyfriend. He hasn't visited for at least some months. He looked up at him with his dull eyes, not showing anything but pain.

"I-I know I haven't come to see you, but someone told me not to. I did it though anyway. I wanted to see how- how you're doing. I'm so sorry Jonah. I didn't want this to happen, but they said it was the best. They did it, I didn't." Jonah could hear the guilt and sadness in his voice.

"Then what am I still doing here? I'm not insane, am I? Noooooooo! Am I? I don't think so, do you? I'm NOT INSANE ZACH!" He shouted the last part and punched the wall. There were already several holes in the wall from previous events.

Zach stepped back and sighed, letting a few tears fall.

"I know Jonah, I know."

"Then get me out... please..." Zach could hear the begging clear in his voice. It was raspy from probably not talking in many days or weeks. He felt a harsh slap across his cheek, though he knew it was the guilt and pain from himself. 

"I'm trying everything I can."

"Then I would have been out already, Zachary. If you don't want me out then don't. If you do, then try harder or again."

~

It had been at least 2 months since Zach had visited him. It was hard on him, though he thought Zach didn't care. That's why he was still there. More meals had been placed in the corner, and he had only gotten more skinny. People would get in and force him to eat and drink. When he was sleeping, he needed to have a mask, that would help him breathe. He wasn't insane, but the loneliness and empty room made him insane.

"You have a visitor. Please be nice."

The heavy metal door closed and the person walked slow and steady steps towards him. A hood was covering the face of the person. Jonah looked up from where he was standing against the wall. The person pulled their hood down, and to say, Jonah was surprised.

"Listen- I know it has been a long time, but I convinced them to let you out. Yes, it took about two months, but I did it, right? I just need to sign some papers and then you're out of here."

Jonah looked at him wide-eyed. How the fuck, could it take two months? It didn't matter now, he just needed to get out, and not make the same mistake twice. He nodded and looked down at the ground waiting for his boyfriend to go out and get the papers signed.

"Jonah, you need to come with me."

He didn't say anything but followed slowly. They made their way, through the heavy halls of screaming people, and to the head office. Zach held Jonah's bony hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze with a soft smile rested on his face.

"Ok, so Jonah and Zachary. Jonah, you will be set free, after 3 years here. You have behaved more, but we want you to eat and drink more. You will still get the mask, with you home, so you can breathe correctly when you sleep. Zachary, I would like you to help him with eating and drinking. He might have some problems if he doesn't get the right vitamins, so I'm going to get you some pills for him to take. Continue to have a good day."

Zach took the pills and Jonah's hand and made their way out. It was 3 years since he had been outside last, so he was pale, and needed sun. It was weird to feel the wind going through his hair and the birds cheeping.

"Ready to go home?"

"More than ready."