3.4

At precisely 8 o'clock the next night, Luke showed up at Vanessa's house with a shocking surprise; there were three other boys in his car. He came inside to get her, his face tomato red as she opened the door.

"Listen, I am so sorry. Ashton's car wouldn't start and... Just, yeah, I'm sorry. You can have shot gun, though." Luke assured her, and she smiled, standing on her tiptoes to press a soft kiss to his pink lips.

"Calm down, loser," And, linking their hands together, they headed out to his little beat up car.

"Vanessa!" The boys chorused as she got in the car, making her smile. Luke looked at her as she turned to look at his friends, the way she smiled at them making him once more thankful for the beautiful girl he had met through a complete accident. He hated to think what could have happened if someone else had answered her note, or if he had ignored it.

"Hi," She greeted the boys.

"I'm Ashton, the drummer," Ashton introduced himself.

"Calum, the bassist." Cal said.

"Michael. Guitar." Michael said, hardly looking up from his phone.

She said hello to each of them, grabbing Luke's hand from where it sat in his lip. She laced her fingers through his, rubbing her thumb on his in small circles. She could feel the nerves radiating off him in waves, and she wondered why he was so nervous for her to meet his friends. Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by an awful smell breaching her nose.

"Holy shit, what is that smell?" She blurted, earning laughter from the boys as they all turned to Ashton. His bare feet were resting on the center console, his shoes kicked off on the floor behind Luke's seat. "Dude your feet are rank!" She scolded, and he laughed.

"Seriously, Ash, your feet smell like death." Calum added, and soon the whole car was making fun of the long haired boy. Luke was slowly relaxing, the calming feeling on his thumb making him keep a small smile on his lips as he tried to focus on the road instead of the girl next to him. After a lot of laughter and more making fun of Ashton, they were at Kelso's.

"Let's get this party started!" Ashton cried as they hopped out of the car, thankfully slipping his Vans back on as he did so.