4.8

The day was filled with tense silence as Vanessa tried desperately to think of a way she could get out of this with Duncan. With Luke there, there was no way he wouldn't get hurt. It wasn't like she didn't think Luke could fight back, but she also knew that Duncan had been crazy before prison and she had no clue how he was now. He was also still probably pissed that his dad was in jail. He had blamed Vanessa for all of that, sworn he would get back at her and... Well, here they were. She wanted to cry because it just wasn't fair. She had gone after Duncan when she was young, seeking some way to feel again. She liked his power over people, liked that he could help her get weed, and she had to admit he made her feel pretty. She knew now that what she had felt for him wasn't love, it wasn't even close. In the last few weeks, Luke had shown her what it really was to care about someone. She admired everything about him, she hadn't even hesitated to tell him she loved him because she did. She cared for him so much, and if it wasn't for him she may have already gone back to Duncan.
Luke was just as anxious as Vanessa, but that was only because he had a plan and she didn't. He was enlisting his friends and his brother to watch their meeting and to show up if need be. He knew Vanessa wouldn't be happy with the idea, and that was why he wasn't telling her. He felt bad keeping it from her, but he had no choice. Finally, it was time.
"Ready?" He asked her, and she gave him a weak smile.
"As I'll ever be." And that was it. They rode in silence to the park, where he stopped the car. She leaned over to him when she got out. "I'm sorry." She whispered, kissing him and leaving before he could ask for what. She headed towards Duncan, noting the dark clouds and slight drizzle of rain. It seemed eerily appropriate for the occasion.
"Oh, there she is." Duncan said, a smile on his face. She noticed he had a new scar on his cheek and she wondered where it had come from. She looked at his face... He would have been somewhat attractive if he didn't look like such a coke head.
"Let's make this quick. What do you want?" She asked.
"You know the deal, baby. You sell, make me happy, and I'll leave your boy alone." He said, as if it were simple.
"I'm not going to use anything. And I'm not selling anything hard." She said. "Just weed."
"Oh, but Vanessa, you don't get to make those choices." He cooed at her.
"Yeah, well, I am. I'm not going back to jail because you're a douche. I'm happy now. And the only reason I'm even going to sell your cheap weed is because I want you to stay away from my boyfriend." She spat at him, and he clicked his tongue.
"Look, baby, you're going to do whatever I tell you to do." He said, his tone icy.
"You don't control me." She repeated her words from earlier that morning. Laying in bed with Luke seemed ages ago, not hours.
"Yeah, I do." Duncan said, reaching forward and lifting her shirt to reveal the purple marks on her belly. "Do you not remember how you got these?" He asked. "Here, let me remind you." He said, procuring a cigarette from thin air it seemed. Vanessa stood, frozen, as he placed the tip on a pale part of skin, and she cried out as it sizzled against her. At that moment, Duncan was knocked to the ground and Vanessa looked up to see Luke.
"That's where those came from?" He screamed, and Vanessa wasn't sure if he was talking to her or Duncan.
Duncan stood up then, the element of surprise gone from Luke's attack. He pushed Luke away, laughing.
"Aw, did she not tell you?" He asked. "Little Ness isn't a great fighter." Luke scowled.
"You shouldn't hurt a woman." He said.
"Oh, right, you're one of those knight in shining armour types right?" Duncan asked with a poisonous chuckle. "Too late, lover boy. Ness is working for me." He spat.
Luke looked to Vanessa, waiting for her to say something, but she just stood, her mouth shut.
____
hi hopefully you guys like this um idk what to say this is kind of bleh im not totally happy with it idk but yeah please vote and comment and what not let me know if you guys like it?