4.1

When they were back in Luke's car, an awkward silence settled over them as they drove.
"So..." Luke spoke. "What should we do?" He asked. She shrugged, her eyes still watery. "Ness, come on, it's okay. Seriously, just forget about him. I'm here now." He assured her.
She smiled at his attempt, but nothing he was saying was helping. She could feel herself begin to build her walls back up, the constant fear of Duncan creeping back over her. She couldn't even grasp what she was afraid of. She knew he wouldn't hurt her, no more than he already had, but she just hated that he was the reason she couldn't be happy. As soon as she was, he appeared again and messed it all up. Sooner or later, he would intimidate Luke into leaving, and Vanessa couldn't stop it. She needed to leave Luke while she could. Selfishly, though, she didn't want to. She wanted to stay in his old beater and snuggle with him on Saturday mornings. She wanted to eat pizza and watch movies with him, and stargaze until the sun came up. She never wanted to let Luke go. She thought only knowing him for a month made no sense, she felt like she had known him forever. As stupid as it sounded, she almost felt like she was falling in love with him.
"Let's go to your house." She finally spoke, not wanting to be around her own family. He nodded, turning into his road. Somehow he had already known that was where they would end up.