07.

|CHAPTER 7|
UNDER THE STARS

 -

FEW HOURS after the president's statement, Natalia was still nervous. Even if her aim was perfect, she still had doubts on whether she was gonna fail last minute.

They were all sitting down on the dinner table, quietly noming on the dish Charles and Ashley managed to whip up. Natalia was twirling her hair around when she felt a hand intertwine with hers, under the table.

She looked down to see Alex's hand, firmly holding on to hers, completely aware of what he was doing. She felt her cheeks heat up a bit as Alex sent her a mischievous smirk. Not letting go of his hand, Nat continued to eat her food, Sean whistled lowly, catching Nat's attention.

Sean gave her a weird look, as if he knew what was going on.

That same night, before they all went to bed, Raven, Moira and Sean were giving Nat a weird look. Not in a judging way, but a knowing way.

 Not in a judging way, but a knowing way

Nat was tossing and turning in bed. She looked at the clock, to see it was 8:30. She had been awake for thirty minutes past her usual sleep schedule.
She didn't know what to do besides going outside.

She was walking around the garden until she bumped into someone, Alex. Sitting there looking up at the stars.

"Alex." Nat smiled.

"Nat... Can't sleep?" Alex raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Nat sat down next to Alex, looking up at the stars.

"I'm still thinking about how we're all gonna face Shaw. I don't know the outcome, I just think it's too early."

Alex smiled. "You're gonna be able to handle it. You're a very powerful woman and you just bring so much more satisfaction into things. What I'm trying to say is, you're really special and I think Shaw wouldn't have anything against us."

"You think so?" Nat placed her hand on his.

"I know so. You're the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen in my entire life. If anything, I'd be willing to fight for you my entire life. I love you, Natalia." Alex placed a hand on her cheek.

"I love you too, Alex."

Alex leaned closer, pressing his lips to hers softly. Natalia was stunned but kissed back none the less. Her arms snaked around his neck, deepening the kiss.