Chapter 33

Chapter 33

A few days after I had sent the letter to Alexander, I got one back and when I asked the messenager where he was, he told me by a stream and I already knew exactly the place. I just didn't know if everyone else apart of their plan was with him, and I didn't want to ask. The last thing I needed was the messenager suspicious of myself or Alexander.

I had to find the right opprotunities to open them, because despite one or two attempts at telling Joshua that I had already been exchanging letters with Alexander, and failed to ask about Annabelle once, other than my small insecurity, he wouldn't be happy with me. And although I thought I knew him, he could've decided to tell the messeanger to not deliver, or take back, any letters from Alexander. It would hurt me, and he'd be allowed to do it, considering he was technically more important than me in the system.

I read his letter in a seperate room, where I knew Joshua wouldn't go in. It was technically a guest room, used for people visiting by royal invitation. But I only needed it a few minutes every three or four days to read Alexander's letters.

Dear Elizabeth,

I don't know how you feel about your father's execution, but I know that whatever you feel, it is right to feel that way. I would never judge you on your feelings, or anything else for that matter but I'm sure you already knew that.

Thank you, for letting us know that the king and his men don't have information, we are hoping to do this soon, we just need to know if there's going to be anything going on, any parties or gatherings, the less people there, the better. We really don't want to have to hurt anyone but the king, we will if we have to, but we don't want to. This is about one person and one person only, the king. No one else deserves to die just because of him. However it's a lose-lose situation, because if we don't get to him innocent people will die when he decides to do so. But if we attack out of the blue, innocent people will also die. That's our dilemma.

You sort of scared me in your last letter, about whatever you may be hiding, I don't know what it is, and even though you told me not to dwell on it, I unfourtunately am because I worry about you. I worry about you every waking moment. I obviously don't know what it is, and I'd like to, and I promise I won't insult or judge you for it I just need to know because I trust it's nothing too serious, like you said, but if it is, and if it's something I need to know about I'd like you to tell me. I need to know you're alright and whatever you were doing is done and over with. Your past is behind you and honestly, to me losing you wouldn't be worth it. You're too much to lose.