Chapter 2: The one.

It was the beginning of the new year, maybe the second or third week of school. In my 8th period of class there was this girl, she was something special. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed her before. I got flustered just looking at her. That smile of hers could give any guy butterflies. We were in a packed to the max theatre class together so it was almost miraculous that we were put in a group project together. I looked at her in that way, some may have called it love at first sight but was it? It was something I hadn't previously believed in. All I could do was stare at the mysterious girl, she probably thought I was crazy for it. I didn't even know her name. I actually had to look at the group folder to figure it out. When I found the folder, I was able to narrow it down to Jade. The name just stuck with me, I had always liked the name, and now I finally met someone with the name, and it was the girl of my dreams.

When I went home that night, all I could do was think about her. I laid there restlessly and thought about her seemingly indefinitely. And when I finally did find my way to sleep, I dreamt solely of her. I was so fascinated with her. She seemed so perfect to me, I couldn't name a flaw to her if I tried. Her hair, so luscious and beautiful, and her eyes- her eyes. They were utterly spectacular. She had central heterochromia being brown on the outside of her iris, but fading into this wonderful shade of green like no other. I couldn't even find the words to explain it to myself. It was like looking into a book. Her eyes told me story that words could not.

I jarred awake from my wondrous dream to hear the blaring engine of a fire truck. I didn't even let bother me. I went back to sleep hoping I could continue my dream. Luckily, I did. Her eyes, yes, her eyes. They were a tapestry of pigments. Jades and greens woven together with the browns and beiges that told a story. But what was that story? I had no idea. I could only hope I'd figure out. I probably sounded like a creep for even thinking about all of this. How did this obsession with this "Jade" even come to this? I had no idea. It confused me very much, because he just wasn't that type of person. I never found much interest, much less obsession, with the new hottest celebrities like most people did, so why was this girl so intriguing to me? I didn't know, all I did know is that I think I found the one. The one I'd been waiting for, the one I'd been dreaming of. I barely even knew Jade and I could probably already write a book about her. How was this even possible? I had never felt this feeling before, and I was scared of what it was.