Chapter 7: Denouement

Right when I realized what the confusion was all about she must have too, because she looked stunned. She and i just stand here in complete awe. A jolt of excitement suddenly ran through me. What a delayed reaction I just had. I hadn't even reacted to the fact that the girl kissing that random guy hadn't been Jade! I could still have a chance with her! Well what am i doing now?! I have to act on it while i can! I've seen the way the guys in school drool over her. But how?! I can't lose my chance AGAIN! I just want to reach over, grab her tight, and kiss her beautiful lips. But I know that will probably be a one way ticket into rejectionsville... So i decide to be at least "slightly" more subtly and just telling her how i feel. But just as soon as I collect the courage to walk up to her, the goddamned dismissal bell rings Okay. Maybe this can work too. I can go home, think of a more concise plan, and try to execute is perfectly tomorrow. I walk out to the hallway with Lucas, who just transferred out of fifth period theatre to my eighth period theatre class because he moved a grade up in math, and his whole schedule got messed up. But it turned out pretty good for me because now i actually have someone to talk to in there.

As we walked down the hallway he asked "What's up with that 'Jade girl'?"

"Nothing, really. But i wish something was..." I blushed back.

"Aww, you got the hots for Jade, aye?" He asked in sly voice.

"Yeah... I guess..." My face begins to shift into a bright red pigment and he can how embarrassed i'm getting, so he stops, being the thoughtful person he is.

As I emerged from the school i noticed how unusually cold it is today. It doesn't usually get that cold where i live, especially in fall. There are also these dark, dense clouds in the sky which might mean rain, which we also don't get much of. We're lucky if we get five inches in an entire year. I really hope it does, because there are usually people dancing in the streets when it does. I get into my mums car and do my usual scroll through my feed on instagram, tumblr, and twitter just to check up on my followers and fandoms. My mum drives off and it starts to rain. Actually, i wouldn't even call this a rain, its a downpour, which is even more unlikely. My mum smiles like I haven't seen her smile in quite a while. A real, genuine, not forced smile. It's the most amazing smile, it is. We pass by the front of the school where most of the students get picked up and I can see the array of grins starting to form. It's a rare occasion to see this many teenagers at once not only off of their phones, but actually smiling and appreciating something. It's a nice sight.

On our way home, my mum knows to be very careful driving, because people in my town aren't very used to driving in rain and there are a lot of wrecks when it does rain. Also, we wouldn't want to hit any of the people in the streets, which i've already spotted many. This time around many of them don't even have umbrellas, they're just basking in the rain. If my phone wasn't at four percent i would be taking videos.

We finally turn down our street and I get out of the car and run to front door where my step dad has opened the door and brought us towels. How nice of him.

For once.

I run to my room and put my phone on the charger to prevent it from dying, because my stupid phone takes like three hours to turn back on when it dies. After its on the charger I just sit my bed and think.

Think about Jade, and how i'm going to get Jade. My "taking it slow and becoming her friend first" plan isn't going to work out, so what else? Just come right out with it and hope she feels the same war? Or actually do something to make her have feelings for me?But how could I do that? It seems quite difficult to just make someone fall in love with me. Maybe I could kiss her? That seems to do the trick in about every romance story ever made.

Yeah. Maybe I'll do that. I'll kiss her... When she least expects it. Then just leave. That'll make her think about what just happened.

This could work! No guarantees, but a possibility is better than no chance at all.

Okay. I've decided. I'm going to kiss her the next chance i get.