7

SunshineKai

Hyunnie Hyunnie

my Hyunnie where r uuuuu????

im waiting at the gate!!

ur class ended early?

i was helping Ms Park cuz ur always so late

nooooo

i raced here cuz i didnt want to keep u waiting

oh

i'll be there in a sec

Soobunny

Hyuka is

acting weird?

define weird

idk?

he always takes his time

maybe to stalk his crush

but then I got a text saying he's waiting 4 me

and that he raced out

to not keep me waiting

Huh

That does sound

off

from wat u told me about him at least

Maybe smth happend?

Maybe

He looks

kinda upset

aw Tyunnie

it'll be alright

im here if u need me

At the arcade, Taehyun immediately sensed something was off. Hueningkai is oddly quiet, and from his experiences, that's not a good sign. "So, are you gonna spill or do I have to pry it out of you" he finally asks when they sit down for a drink.

"You're upset" Taehyun adds, motioning Hueningkai to go on "No, you're upset" Taehyun quirk an eyebrow at this "with me….you're upset-No, you are extremely upset with me" the boy continues. "Uh, no? I'm not?"

"He doesn't need to worry about that because I'm not anything to Hyuka, I'm just a curse he is stuck with."

Taehyun nearly spat out his drink at his own words spilling out of Hueningkai's lips, eyes widened at the younger. Hueningkai keeps his head hung low, "I may be nothing more than a curse to him, but he is everything to me" he whispers out.

Slowly he brings up his head, guilty eyes brimming with tears "Is that…..how you really felt? All this time?" he choked on a few words. Taehyun calmly puts his cup down, "Beomgyu sunbae told you?" he was pissed for some reason, "No, I was there when you said those words"

what

"Kai Kamal Huening" The other grimace at the use of his full name "Explain" Taehyun's voice is firm with a sternness and very suppressed anger. "Me and Yeonjun hyung are dating, we were ever since last month. I hate it when Beomgyu hyung pick on you but I was too scared to say anything because…..Beomgyu hyung is Yeonjun hyung's best friend and I didn't want Yeonjun to leave me"

Taehyun nods, still it doesn't explain why the set up, why did they do that "But Yeonjun hyung saw how much it upset me so he told Beomgyu hyung to cut it out and apologize. We hid behind the corner to make sure Beomgyu hyung doesn't mess up or make things worse but….you…"

Hueningkai's words cut off, his eyes downcast like a kicked puppy. Taehyun sighs, he gets up from his seat. Hueningkai looks at him worriedly, "Please Tyun! You have to understand, I do care about you. We're best friends aren't we?! I've always cared-"

He shuts up when Taehyun looks at him in the eye "Say it" he challenges, Hyuka huffs he stares right back at the other "I do care about you, you are my friend" Taehyun's eyes travel elsewhere after he said it.

"Liar."

Hueningkai bewilderedly stepped back, "Your fingers fidget when you lie, we did grow up together, I would know" he said with a poker face that hides the sadness and pain. "Y-you...Fine! Maybe I feel like we aren't friends BUT I really do care about you!! You think I don't freak out everytime I see new lines on your arms?!" 

Taehyun was just about to leave till that very line left Hyuka's lips "You said it yourself, we grew up together. I noticed things about you too" Taehyun did not dare to look at Hyuka. He tugs down his sleeves "Bye Hueningkai" he says.

"You don't have to be alone"

This was when Taehyun smiles, remembering those nights he spent texting away to a certain boy. The one who is currently blowing up his phone in his pocket, he turns around to face Kai. The younger one was shocked to see Taehyun smiling brightly, it was not a sight he had gotten to see ever since Taehyun's life fell apart when he was twelve.

"Who said I was alone?"