11

The days continued on; the conversations never ceased. Taehyun learns to not talk about Soobin to Yeonjun, him and Hyuka are a little closer than ever. He could see the other trying their best to forge whatever that was left of their missed matched friendship.

Beomgyu was a lot nicer to him, which was a big change. Mayhaps he did learn being a huge asshole won't earn him anything.

Soobunny

Why don't u reach out to Yeonjun shii?

he misses u a lot from I see

i cant

ive hurt him once when i left

i will only hurt him even more if i reach out now

hmmm

u hv a point

But Taehyun feels something changed in this dynamic he has with Soobin. It felt different, now that he knew what Soobin truly is. Even as Soobin replied like any human with emotion, he could no longer feel it now that he learns of Soobin's true nature.

It was slowly turning into nothingness. It didn't feel real anymore as if Soobin was just a figment of his own imagination. And it hurts him, these feelings he harbored for the elder sounded so stupid. God, he was in love with someone who isn't alive, isn't real anymore.

On good days he kept his feelings in check, on bad days he cried his eyes out till they are red and swollen. Still, he never stopped texting Soobin, because he remembered clearly what Soobin had told him.

You are what I truly needed to make the pain go away.

His heart can crumble with ache for all he cares but Soobin shall never get hurt again. Not if Taehyun can help it. If only there was a way they both can stop hurting, a way they can both be happy.

Maybe there was.

Taehyun held the piece of paper in his hands, he hums in satisfaction and places it neatly on his bed. Taehyun grabs his bag and is about to leave the room, yet he stops, just for a moment to gaze at it one last time.

He rushes up to the Huening's Door, Mrs Huening smiling brightly at him "Oh Taehyunnie! Hyuka is out right now but what can I do for you?" Taehyun politely bows at the lady and hands her a book.

"I borrowed it from Hueningkai, please return it to him" She laughs, oblivious of Taehyun's intention. "Of course sweetie, would you like to come in?" Taehyun shakes his head. "I have a date with someone" Mrs Huening grins knowingly. "Is that so? Then hurry up! Best not to keep them waiting!"

He giggled at her and turned to leave, waving goodbye as he walked down the pavement, footsteps light as if the weight on his shoulders were no longer there.

He kept on walking till he saw the familiar bridge, cars zoom by every once in a while, but it was pretty peaceful. Taehyun climbs to sit on the ledge, the water gleamed almost invitingly underneath him.