9

The next day, Taehyun saw Hueningkai again. The younger male acting as if the day before never existed. And that was the end of that, it was back to being friends(are they really? Taehyun isn't sure) with the exception of bullies, in fact Beomgyu and Yeonjun slowly ease themselves into the picture.

They actually hung out together at one point, mostly just Beomgyu and Taehyun third and fourth wheeling Yeonkai though. Beomgyu got a little annoyed when Taehyun keeps checking his phone every five minutes. "Who the hell are you checking your phone for?" He addresses it when they sit down in a cafe.

"A friend" Taehyun replies, eyes not leaving his screen. "Oh? who? Is it really a friend~?" Yeonjun teased. "Of course, who else would it be?" Hueningkai and Beomgyu roll their eyes at his obliviousness. "Who knows? You sure act like this person is your crush!"

Taehyun nearly dropped his phone, eyes bulging and cheeks turning red. "W-what?! No! Soobin hyung is just a friend!" he places his phone down on the table and sips his drink as he tries not to dive deeper into the thought.

Yeonjun however looked like someone had backhanded him, "What the hell Taehyun?! Why would you….say that...that name!" Beomgyu snarls at him, Hueningkai gawks at Taehyun "Because that's his name? His name is Choi Soobin" Yeonjun looks at Taehyun like he just burned his entire family.

"Taehyun what the fuck?!" Beomgyu drags Yeonjun up by his arms and pulls him away, leaving him alone with Hueningkai. The other staring at him in horror, "Tyun why would you…..say that name?" but Taehyun is so confused.

"Why? What's wrong?" Hueningkai gasps "You don't know?! Tyun…..Choi Soobin...is Yeonjun's big brother…..he went missing last year but they found him…washed ashore at Han river 3 months ago. It wasn't all over the news but everyone at school knows about it"

Taehyun feels his body stiffening "Well….this is a different person…..I didn't know about it….." Hyuka left him to comfort his boyfriend. Taehyun hastily takes his phone and opens Naver, searching up the specific article.

BREAKING NEWS!

A 19 year old male by the name Choi Soobin that went missing last August is found dead at Han River. Victim's body is reported to be found by a passerby and the police are able to confirm it was a suicide case. Victim's family member Choi Yeonjun…..

He feels his being tremble, not just by the words but by the picture attached under the article that was labeled 'Victim, Choi Soobin' the phone lands with a clank on the marble floor of the cafe. His hands are shaking, heart beating frantically.

This can't be real, it can't be

It was the exact same photo of Soobin that Soobin sent him.

He could feel the stares on him but it doesn't matter, Taehyun snatched his phone back and shoved it in his bag. He rushed back home in an instant.